10 | 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧

I was so swamped with homework, I didn't even call Landon or Abby back today.

Landon and Chloe went for lunch this afternoon. They invited me with them but I kindly declined due to my amount of horrible fucking homework.

They finally met and decided to hang out and it sucks I couldn't go with them but I'm glad she finally met him.

Chloe apparently told Landon about my birthday this weekend, and he left me a message saying "I'm getting you gift and you better take it or else I'll return it."

It brought my mood up honestly.

Abby called me twice today. Both times we're in class so I couldn't answer. I texted her but she never responded.

I'm sitting at my desk finishing up my calculus work, when I hear a knock at my door.

No one ever knocks on my door. Chloe just normally storms right in.

"Yes?" I yell to the door.

"Housekeeping!" A voice says, trying to play off a weird Russian and German mixed accent.

What?

I get up from my desk, my bunny slippers sliding on my wood floors, and open the door.

Only to see Abby with curled hair, a classy black outfit on, and 3 suitcases.

I scream.

She screams.

We both scream and she tramples me in a hug, pulling me down to the ground.

"Holy shit!" I yell. She's laughing hysterically and I can't help but join.

She's actually fucking here.

"What the hell?! I can't believe it!" She lifts herself off of me, a giant, beautiful smile on her face.

"Surprise!" She yells and realization hits me.

"This is my surprise?!" I yell in shock.

"Yes, dumbass!" She hits my arm playfully and I laugh.

I begin to tear up and she pulls in for another hug.

"I've missed you so much," she says into my hair and her warm sugar smell fills my nose.

"I've missed you too," I say through small sobs.

This is the best birthday gift I have ever received.

Abby gets up from the ground and reaches out her hands to pull me up.

"Wait, how are you here?" I ask, "and how did you get my dorm number?"

She attends full time college in Texas. A Christian university for that matter. How did she make the time to come visit me?

"TCU is having their annual fundraiser and event here in New York." She says, "I'm here a week earlier than expected so I'll be here a full 2 weeks with you."

She smiles again.

"And I got your address from Chloe. We've been chatting this past week about the plans for your birthday."

Of course they have. Chloe is sneaky that's for sure.

I hug her again.

"I'm just glad your here."

I pull back quickly, "where are you staying?"

Her face falters a bit, "well I haven't paid for a hotel room yet and the school only paid for my ticket here and my ticket back, so..."