05

"La da da, da da de dum, bum ba da." I sang softly to a random tune.

I waltzed around my kitchen, bored as ever, but after a long, hard, depressing Friday.

It was now...the weekend. Finally.

Aunt Donna, Uncle Marty and Nash went around town to do a little sight seeing while I was at school. So I was alone right now.

I 'waltzed' all the way up to my room and stood out onto my balcony.

It was just a little bit passed 4:00 so it was starting to get dark outside.

But that made this moment the best part.

Everything looked so beautiful, from the flashing car lights to the wind making all the trees dance, but looks can be deceiving.

Everything can look so beautiful from afar, but once you get closer to it, you see something that wasn't there before.

You get a new perspective on everything when your closer.

I walked back into my room and shut the balcony doors.

I flopped on my bed and slowly drifted off into a soothing sleep.

{{jacks pov}}

"Oh my gosh Jack. Thanks so much." Violet said as she laid next to me breathless in my bed.

I hummed in response while putting my boxers back on.

"No problem Violet, but you can't keep just showing up here. I have other things to do." I said to her.

I'm not complaining about her and I hooking up, but I don't really like her. She just happens to be there.

"My name is Valerie for the fourth time." she said grabbing the last of her clothes and slamming my bedroom door shut.

I shrugged at her reaction then slumped back down on my bed.

I shut my eyes for a few minutes until I hear the door down stairs swing open hitting the wall.

"Yo Gilinsky? We're back." I heard Nate shout. I live in a house with Sammy, Nate and Johnson.

I quickly got dressed again and went down stairs.

As I am walking down stairs I see Sam and Johnson with him to.

"Yo buddy we got the weed." Nate said to me holding up a bag of weed.

"Awesome, can you roll me up a couple, I just have to grab my phone from upstairs." I asked them.

The three of them nodded in response to my question.

I ran upstairs and get my phone off of my nightstand.

I ran back downstairs to already be hit by the smell of weed.

I see the three boys sitting on the couch laughing at the smoke around the room. Guess they already had some rolled up.

Sammy was swatting away at the smoke in different directions.

I laughed at their actions.

After grabbing a few joints off the table I sat down on the couch with the boys and started to let my mind slip away while puffing out the smoke.

"Yo...Jack, umm, when we uh, got the weed, we met this kid...and we said that he could stop over tonight...so he is, cause he seemed really cool." Sammy said with a confused expression on his face the whole time.

"Okayyy." I said back to him.

We smoked for another 5 minutes before the door bell rang.

"COME IN!" Nate yelled to the person on the other side of the door.

We all looked at him in confusion as to why he yelled.

"I didn't see anyone getting up. " He said. Then the door opened.

We then see a boy with longer hair and blue eyes step into the house.

He is wearing a snap back with a flannel shirt and Michael Jordan shoes. Swag.

"Hey guys." He said going straight over to Johnson, Sammy and Nate.

"Hey Nash, this is our other friend Jack Gilinsky. We call him Jack and call the other one Johnson." Nate said pointing over at me.

"Hey man." I said giving him a firm handshake.

He sat down on the couch next to me while Nate handed him a joint.

He grabbed it and started to inhale the smoke. It was quiet for a few moments before Sam spoke up

"So, are you new here? Never seen you around before." He asks Nash.

"Uh, I'm just here for a week staying with my cousin at her place, but my mom and dad have always wanted to live out here so, they might wanna, ya know find a place here." he says inhaling more of the joint.

"So you have a girl cousin?" I ask devilishly, making it obvious to practically everyone on earth what I was implying.

"Nooo, Jack, bro you have to calm down." Johnson said resting his hand on my shoulder as if he was trying to keep me down.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance while everyone else laughed at Johnson's remark.

Nash looked confused for a second before Nate enlightened him.

"He will basically hook up with any girl he has and will ever come into contact with." he says as the boys continue to crack up.

Nash had a...shocked yet confused expression on his face, priceless.

Everyone was probably smoking for a few more minutes until Nash's phone started ringing.

He fumbled with his pocket trying to get his phone out until he finally got it.

He looked at the screen and sighed.

"It's my cousin." Nash said

"The girl one?" I said smirking, yet again trying to make a joke.

"Yes." He said before answering his phone.

"Hello?...Hey whats up?...I'm at a friends house...I'll be home in a bit, one sec." Nash said taking the phone away from his ear.

"Hey is it okay if my cousin comes here?" He asked us.

We all looked at each other before all nodding in response.

He put the phone back up and started talking again. "Hey, why don't you come over?...It's xxx Houston Rd...ok see ya here...bye." He said before hanging up.

He looked up at us before speaking again.

"She was stuck at home with my obnoxious parents. I couldn't let her die" He explained to us.

"No problem man." Sammy said patting him on the back.

We soon hear the knock at the door from Nash's cousin. I stand up to go and get the door.

"Uh oh, Gilinsky, control yourself." Johnson said looking out the window at her. Johnson nodded in agreement.

When I opened the door, it was her.

Kayla Morriss.