Where'd You Go?

Dalia's POV

"What the hell were you thinking?" Dallas shouted.

I groaned and slightly touched my head where it hurt. "Shut up. I'm right here. Stop yelling." I said trying to sit up. My rib still hurt pretty bad.

"Don't talk to me like that." Dallas said, still behind the couch I was laying down on. "Why the hell did you start the fight?" He asked, again, still very loudly in my ear.

"She deserved it." I said giving up and laying back down. I'm not normally this fazed after a fight...

"She's in the hospital!"

"Loser..." I mumbled, turning on my side. I grinned a bit knowing I won the fight, considering I was still at home and she was in the hospital.

"Knock it off! She may have "lost" the fight but you weren't thinking! What if her parents press charges? What was going on in your head?"

"It's your fault!" I snapped, trying to get my voice to work how I wanted it to. I haven't talked in a while and it sounded hoarse. "She instigated it!"

"By doing what?" Dallas asked, dumbly.

"She's been taunting me for a month calling me a ''murderer of 2.' I'm sick of it!" I yelled.

"Yeah, like your little tantrum did anything to prove you aren't." He said, sarcastically.

"She's still alive, is she not? And you're here now for some reason, too. So I still don't regret it." I mumbled. I stopped for a second. I turned onto my back and faced him again. "Wait... WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" I yelled.

"I'll explain later." He said walking into the kitchen and opening the fridge. Really? He's just gonna give up on this argument like that?!

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Get over here." I said, sitting up. He rolled his eyes. I stood up and went over to the kitchen counter and went to the opposite side that Dallas was on. I put my hands on the counter trying to act like I was fine.

"Sit down." He said pointing to the couch.

"NO!" I yelled, even though it hurt my head to do so. He looked like he wanted to punch me, but he didn't. "Where did you go? Why did you just leave?" He ignored me and went back to looking for food. "DALLAS!" I yelled.

"Shut up!" I heard a voice call from down the hall.

Shit. I completely forgot my parents live here, too.

I heard dragged footsteps walk down to the kitchen from my dads bedroom. "Will... you... two... shut... the... hell... up...?" He drawled. He sounded insanely drunk.

"How about you stop being lousy?" Dallas muttered, not caring whether or not dad heard him.

"What was that, boy?" Dad asked getting angrier. "I thought you was gone from my life!" He yelled taking a sip of alcohol.

I didn't even notice the beer bottle in his hand.

"And you, what happened to your face?" He said pointing at me and getting up close to me.

I rolled my eyes. "Go to hell..." I mumbled.

Dad came up to me and raised his hand to hit me. I prepared myself for the terrible stinging I knew I was about to feel, but instead, Dallas grabbed his hand and pulled him back.

After Dallas and dad argued for a good ten, fifteen minutes, dad went back to whatever he was doing.

I sighed. "So, where were you?" I asked, again.

"Not here." Dallas said dumbly, walking out the door.

I rolled my eyes and followed him. "Is it gonna happen again?" I asked, trying to keep up with him. I knew he normally walked fast to contribute to his glide he does to look intimidating, but he seemed like he was going extra fast this time.

He dodged the question. "Wanna go to that new 24 hour pancake place?"

"I wanted to go a month ago when you promised to take me! Then you disappeared! And now you're back? I don't get it!" I yelled.

"Fine. I'll go by myself." He said lighting a cigarette as we walked out of the apartment building.

"Well, no, I wanna go." I mumbled. "But I wanna know why you left so suddenly and returned so suddenly."

"Look, I can't tell you. Maybe one day you'll find out." He said, stopping, and looking me dead in the eye.

I sighed and turned around to go back to the apartment. "You aren't coming to get pancakes?" Dally asked.

"Nah. They aren't that good anyway. I went by myself a few weeks ago." I said, leaving it at that.

I sat in the living room watching TV while I heard mom and dad fucking in the bedroom. For two people who hate each other and their family, they sure did risk having another baby. Mom had Dalton when she was 18. She's only 37. She's still got time for another baby.

But I hope she doesn't. I'd love to have a sister but I couldn't bare having her live in a house like this.

I waited about an hour and I heard the door open. I knew it was Dallas by the way he slammed the door.

I decided to mess with him a bit. I pretended to be sad and ran up to him and hugged him. "Bye, Dal." I said, softly and sweetly.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked in shock.

"I'm just saying goodbye... y'know, just in case you disappear again."

I gave him a fake pouty face until I couldn't take it anymore. I let a grin spread across my face. I laughed and walked to my room. Dallas rolled his eyes and ignored it. I knew he'd be pissed off with me but I didn't care.

But hey... people saw him. So they know I didn't kill him! I mean, I have a feeling they all know I didn't really kill my brothers. But this is their excuse to stop.

Who am I kidding...

Bitches will be bitches.