Chapter 1

I do not own Naruto. All rights goes to Kishimoto. And credit to the rightful owner of the picture I used above.
For self-indulgent purposes.

Naruto's POV

I've never felt so lost since Itachi died. The last piece that reminds me of our love has gone, the only reason why I choose to save and survive but life has always never been good to me. The moment I knew..

My eyes feels so heavy, and so is my heart. 'Oh, I'm still alive, teme will never let me die huh'.

"Naruto, kami, you're awake" exclaimed Baachan, relief obvious in her voice but there's also a tint of grief.

As I'm trying to properly open my eyes, Baachan is busy on checking my vitals.

"Naruto, please don't be eager to move yet, the wound on your upper abdomen is still healing" Baachan calmly said

That's new, Baachan has never gone soft especially if you're under her care. But, I just remember..

"Upper abdomen? My baby? What happened to my baby baa-chan?"

"Naruto, I only discovered that you were pregnant when I was healing you. I-i tried to save the baby Naruto, I know how important this to you but we were too late, I'm really sorry Naruto".

I want to deny it all. My baby is still alive. It's my fault, I should've not fought Sasuke. I choose to save Konoha and let my child down. I was a bad mother. I should've been a little selfish.

I can't even utter a single word, all I know is I'm crying

"I know how hard this is for you. Even if I didn't know everything all the thing that happened to you, know that you can trust me. I was never there in the earlier part of your life, but I'm here to know, Naruto..."

Baachan still saying something but I'm no longer listening.

Life is such a fickle thing. And hope is a curse. I was hoping for a better tomorrow, I was too hopeful that I've lost sight of what's more important to me.

---------

It's already morning and I have no reason to wake up, get up more so. I'm staring at a mountain. If I live on another life, I'll choose a simpler life where Itachi and I lives with the family of our own on a mountain side or an island maybe since Itachi loves water despite being a fire natured.

I was so lost on my own thoughts that I never notice the tears that streaming on my face. I also didn't notice the pity that graces on Tsunade's face.

"I'm sorry Naruto. I hope I can help you. I hope.." Tsunade says but cut by a pair of knocks on the door

Then I heard Shikamaru's voice,"Hokage-sama, we're here to visit Naruto, I hope we're not being troublesome"

"You're not. Naruto is not really well right now but I hope you can get her to talk Shikamaru"

"It would be a drag not to hear Naruto's voice once in a while, Hokage-sama"

"Shika is right, Hokage-sama. I also brought the flowers that I arrange for her, I hope she will likes it"

"I also brought the ramen that she likes"

"Thank you Ino and Chouji. I know Naruto will appreciate it, too. If only her Sakura and Sasuke are just like you" Tsunade sadly sighs and continue, "Anyway, I'll go outside and checks my apprentice on the hokage tower and I'll leave Naruto with you. Please take good care of her"