Chapter 2: Tangi

I open my eyes and Caitlin is sitting in a chair next to me. She has her hands and face in her lap. I think she's crying. "Caitlin what's wrong? What happened? What's going on?" I ask.

"The particle accelerator...it exploded. And...and... Ronnie. He saved so many lives... But he couldn't save his own." She starts crying harder. Cisco comes in to cheer her up.

"Caitlin, he was a hero." Cisco explains.

"I didn't want him to be a hero. I wanted him to be my husband." She gets up and walks off.

"Hey Tangi how goes it?" Cisco asks. Cisco has been really kind to me. He treats me like a younger sister. It makes me feel...better.

"Cisco, the power outages are happening again at the hospital. The West family has agreed to let us bring him in!" Dr. Wells shouts into the intercom for this room.

"Tangi, I've got to go. I'll explain everything. Later."

~~~

"Tangi, this is Barry Allen. He's going to be your roomy for a while. Don't worry he won't be a bother. He's in a coma." Cisco explains.

"Cisco, is he... Because of the explosion?"

"Yes" Cisco says. He straps some monitors on to 'Barry Allen' and I officially have a new roommate. Great. This one is a reminder of how much I screwed up. If I never came here to ask Caitlin for help, then maybe, just maybe, they could've focused more resources and attention on the particle accelerator. Then maybe it wouldn't have exploded. Ronnie would still be alive, this poor guy would be awake, and I would probably be dead.