Bad Timing

It had been a few months and nothing eventful has happened with Micheal and the Sons. I haven't been kidnapped and I was starting to feel at ease. Jax and I have been building quite the relationship. The boys have been opening up to me and it made my heart melt.  Today we were in the grocery store, Chibbs escorted us as per Jax request. Thomas sat in the seat of the cart and Abel sat in the basket part. Chibbs waiting in the truck as we both figured it wasn't necessary for him to follow us around.
"Can we get that?" Abel pointed to a tall jug of juice.
"Sure but don't tell your daddy," he put his finger to his lips.
"Shhh secret," this little boy made me grin.  We finished up and exited the store with the full cart. Chibbs met me in the parking lot.
"Throwing a little bash at the clubhouse tonight." He stated as he helped me load the kids and the groceries.
"Is that a good idea?" I asked a little skeptical that we were acting too safe.
"Clay set it up," he shrugged. I never trusted Clays judgement before. He was the reason we were in this mess.
"Right okay," was all I answered as we heading back to Jax' house.

Gemma was already there and as we all walked through the door. Abel running in to his room as I lugged in Thomas.
"Hey girly, you doing okay?" I nodded setting Thomas down in his play pen.
"I'm good. It's a little weird watching kids all the time but I'm not complaining I kind of like it." She smiled at me.
"You're good with them," Chibbs walked in behind me carrying the grocery bags.
"Aye, she is but don't let it go to her head," I smacked him as he snickered to the kitchen. I turned back to face Gemma wrapping my arms around my body.
"Is it appropriate for us to be having a party at this time?" Gemma rested her hand on her hip and spoke.
"I don't think so but Clay won't listen to me." I rolled my eyes. Like he listened to anyone.
"But why?" I asked her and she put both her hands on my shoulders.
"Because Mira, sometime to win the war, you have to dance with the devil." I watched her for a minute.
"You're telling me that they are inviting people I don't want to meet," she nodded her head in response, letting go of my shoulders.
"Something about inviting some of Micheals dealers. The man you met the other day and a few others. Potentially to get info and who knows what else. That's all I could piece together." Sliding my jacket off my shoulders, I looked back at her as I hung it on the hook by the door.
"Then I think it's a bad idea for me to go. Don't you think," she waved me off.
"That will be the safest place for you. Wendy is watching the boys and you and I are going. Jax is there and everyone else. They won't do anything stupid." I didn't fully believe in that philosophy but I did trust Gemma.
"Wait like Wendy the drug addict, Wendy?" I questioned both hers and Jax' judgement.
"She's cleaner then she use to be. I'll give you that," Gemma groaned.
"I don't know Gem," she raised a brow at me.
"They aren't your boys M," I glared.
"No but they have been my responsibility since I've been here. I think I deserve a say." She knew I wasn't going to back down.
"Unser will be here too. Just in case," that cooled my worry but not much.

I showed up to the Cara-Cara studio. My ass shoved in a sleek black dress that hugged my body and laid just above my knees. A dark red leather jacket and dark red heels to accent the black formed fit. And my hair suede against my back in ringlets. Gemma walked in behind me as we looked for the boys.
"Just what I figured, booze and trashy hookers,"Gemma groaned which made me snicker. The whole place was full. People I didn't know and woman parading around like something to be bought. I spotted Jax not to far off. And as I pushed through the crowd towards him. I was grabbed by my hand.
"Where you going sweet thing?" A man purred in my face. His breath reeking of liquor.
"Not anywhere that concerns you," I glared trying to pry my hand from his grip. He tighten the hold and I glared daggers.
"These boys really do have everyone's needs for women. The submissive and the dominant." His eyes travelled down my body as I gaged internally.
"Look you don't have enough money in the world," I finally prayed my hand out of his and I caught Jax further off. But a bouncer had finally stepped in before he had too.
"Hey man, no touching." The large bouncer told him. And my face was pure horror. These people actually thought I was apart of the studio.
"Hey I'm not.." before I could continue Jax scooped me up by pulling me into his side by my waist.
"Sorry man, this is my girlfriend, not an escort." He taunted the man to make any further comment. And I thanked him for the rescue. Not that I wasn't slightly caught off guard every time he called me his girlfriend. The man snorted at Jax.
"Good luck with that one," he spoke as he went to fist bump Jax. The blonde man next to me chuckled and I smacked him in the chest as he bumped the guy. We walked away and I growled under my breath.
"Care to enlighten me on why you guys had to do the party here? And why I needed to come?" I asked and he turned me around in his arms so I was facing him. He smiled and leaned down to my face.
"Because he's here," my eyes went wide and I stared at Jax.
"You're shitting me right?" I whispered in his face. Absolutely shocked. He pinched my ribs and I snapped out of my panicked state.
"Listen relax. Nothing will happen but we need to know why he wants you of all people and what your mom has to do with it." And yet again here I was confused with what the is happening in the life of SAMCRO.
"I don't trust this Jax," he looked down at me and his eyes were soft. Not the stone cold stare he gave everyone else.
"Then at least trust me okay," Out of the corner of my eye, I seen her. The woman who abandoned me when I was just little. Leaving me confused and angry with her for the rest of my life. She was on the arm of a tall, slim man. His suit definitely expensive and his face even more intimidating then Tuppen was. His eyes scanned me and he pushed my mother off his arm as they approached.
"Well might I say you are beautiful. Much like your mother" It took every ounce of my being to not reply with a snide back handing comment.
"She's here. Now what was our deal?" he looked Jax in the eyes and motioned for us to go somewhere private. Away from the chaos of the party. Jax and I followed but I made sure to send Chibbs a glance to make sure he seen us leave.