Dedicated to the one I love (Dani ((midsommar))

It sounds strange but Midsommar is one of my comfort movies. It's so well made.

Although it made me super aware that I'm extremely susceptible to cult manipulation

☀︎︎

Side note: some quotes might be different to the movie. I tend to go off the script rather than the movie. Be prepared. This is going to be a long chapter.

It had been so long since I last saw two of my brothers, Ingemar and Pelle. In childhood, I'd always been close to them due to us being born around the same time. Yet, they both just had to leave to Britain and America, leaving me all alone. Sure, I had my whole family but I wasn't as close with them as I was with my brothers.

However, now was my chance to see them again! They were coming back for Midsummer, this time bringing friends. I was honestly so excited, I couldn't sit still. Dagny (my sister) kept laughing at me.

Finally, I heard crunching footsteps from the woods and a few hushed voices. I stood up next to Dagny and grinned as the group began making their way into our village. One little cluster of people caught my eye. Pelle stood at the front, three other guys and one girl following behind. Ingemar and two other people also followed.

Much to my surprise, something other than my brothers caught my attention. The girl following Pelle looked around in wonder yet slight fear. She had such a cute inquisitiveness about her.

Pelle suddenly spotted me and Dagny and ran over, excited. Grinning, we were both pulled into a tight, warm hug. He kisses us both on our cheeks as we smile happily.

After we broke apart, the rest of my brothers and sisters began to hug and kiss everyone. I took the chance to welcome the group Pelle brought it. They stood off to the side, rather awkwardly, and stared as Pelle got showered with affection.

"Hello!" I grin and wave at them. The girl smiles gently and waves back. The guys just smile politely back. "I'm Pelle's sibling! It's wonderful to meet you all. I hope you don't mind if I hug you? I'm quite affectionate."

It seemed that only the girl really cared that I was there. She smiled and said, "No, we don't mind." I grinned and immediately wrapped her in a gentle hug.

My heart skipped a beat as she hugged back, resting her chin on my shoulder gently. I felt her warmth against me as I held her small frame. She was so gorgeous. However, I had to break away in order to not make it creepy. One by one, I gently hugged the men too. However, I didn't get that same feeling with any of them.

Pelle made his way over with Dagny next to him. He smiled at me and began to introduce his friends in Swedish. "This is Dani, Christian, Josh, Mark." I smiled as he pointed to Dani. Pelle then switched to English for his friends. "This is my sister Dagny. Born on the same exact week as me."

Dagny smiled. "Välkommen till Hårga!"

My smile widened as Dani spoke up, attempting Swedish. "Tack!"

Dagny smiled and walked off, not bothering to listen to anyone else say thanks. Dani turned to me once Dagny left and looked me up and down.

"I love your outfit!"

I glanced down at what I was wearing. White trousers with a sort of overlay on the back, combining both trousers and a skirt. They were decorated finely with runes and tiny blue flowers. My shirt was a simple white blouse with a v-neck and long puff sleeves, decorated the same as the trousers.