Nineteen

It's bonfire night tonight. 

The day, years ago, Guy Fawkes tried to blow up Parliament and failed. 

There's a party happening at one of the Uni houses, hosted by a guy named Ryan or something. Zayn and Louis have been buzzing about it all day, talking about getting sparklers and what to wear tonight. Louis suggested we dress in things that are sparkly in order to match the aesthetic of the fireworks. Zayn just frowned and shook his head. 

I thought it was a great idea, hence why now, I'm currently chucking on a sparkly button down. It's black and specks of sparkles pepper the fabric so when caught in the right light, will glimmer  slightly. I pair it with some ripped black skinny jeans and my Chelsea boots.

"Harold!" Louis pipes from behind me, making me jump.

I swivel round. "Jesus, Lou! You need a bell or something!" I say, hand on my heart as it pounds. I take a breath and look back around to my mirror, pursing my lips. "What's up?" I ask.

He tugs a few of my curls and I melt into his touch, eyes fluttering close. "I want to style your hair," He mutters, playing with the curls, pads of his fingers digging lightly into my scalp and a relaxed moan quietly gravels through my throat.

"What were you thinking of doing to it?" I gently ask, sitting down onto his lap from where he's guided me to the bed. 

He wraps his arms around my middle, laying his head on my shoulder and shrugging. "Dunno. What would you like done to it?"

I think for a moment, tracing his skin with my nails lightly. My eyes light up. I turn to face him. "Can you do space buns? But make sure it doesn't look weird."

He breaks into a grin, pecks my shoulder. "Your wish is my command, baby." He turns his head to face the door. "Anne-Marie!" He screams. 

She bursts through a moment later. "What? Are you okay? You don't have a butt plug stuck up your ass do you?"

Louis' brows crease. "Wh-no! Can we borrow some hairbands and scrunchies, please?" He drags out the 'please,' batting his eyelashes.

She sighs, turning around, her high ponytail swinging whilst she walks out. She soon comes back with a bag of hairbands and scrunchies in different colours. "Do I wear my grey collar jumper or just the burgundy one?" She asks.

I look down to see her wearing thick tights and a black skater skirt. "Hmm... Go for the collar one."

She smiles and nods, leaving.

Louis grabs the comb from inside the bag and moves me so I'm off his lap. I dangle one leg off the bed, the other bent and brought up toward my thigh. Louis sits cross legged behind me, running the comb through my hair, taking out any knots. 

Light tugs come from him whilst he styles my hair and it makes me feel relaxed and slightly flushed. My eyes are closed contently whilst he does the work, humming a song which somehow turns to him quietly singing an Eminem song. 

"My bum's on your lips, my bum's on your lips, if I'm lucky maybe you'll give it a kiss!" He sings, making me giggle.

"You're hoping," I mumble. He hits me playfully on the arm whilst he continues singing. 

Soon, he pats my arm, kisses my temple. "All done."

I stand, going over to the mirror and I squeal like a five year old, happiness pooling through me. I pout at myself in the mirror, looking this way and that. Most of my hair is down, curling around my neck and above my shoulders but two perfect space buns sit atop my head, secured with one pink scrunchie and one lilac.