The Trunk

Harry never liked gardening. But it was the least he could do to pay back the money he had borrowed from his mother, who loved gardens.
And the best part was that his friends had also agreed to help him out. He saw them coming round the corner. In the lead was George, tall, with a short moustache and fair complexion. Behind him was Fred, his twin. There is practically no way to tell them apart, except the fact that one has a mark on the shoulder. Then there was Angel, voted the fairest girl in the class. With her was Candace, a complete historic nerd, always into books and muttering about historical facts. They reached his lawn. Harry asked, "Where's Alex?". An unnecessary question, it seemed, because when Harry looked towards the place where Candace was pointing behind him, he saw Alex, sitting on his roof, with a wide grin across his face. Tall and strapping, he is pretty fast and is widely regarded as the best tactician. But he was also a big nuisance, getting into trouble now and then. But that never stopped him. He jumped down and declared," I won't do any gardening. And by the way you owe me fifty bucks, Harry.". Everyone broke into wild laughter. It wasn't what he said that made them laugh, it is how he said it. Like a drunkard. Harry shoved a shovel into Alex's hands. "The rest have already started. Do it. And by the way, you owe me a hundred and seventy bucks from that day when you broke the chair in Mrs. Mattel's room ". Alex moved away and started digging in a remote corner of the lawn. Suddenly, Fred and George cried out, "We have found something! Come, take a look at it guys!". They ran towards Fred and George, and to their delight, saw a dusty ,old trunk. It had been buried for centuries, it seemed, because it had partially rusted. But then they saw something that ended their joy. It was locked. "Open it! "said Candace. "Be a little patient. We're trying. ". Fred took a stone with a sharp edge and struck the lock very hard. It gave way on the first attempt. George reached inside and pulled out a cardboard box. He dusted the top and read out loudly," Battleship: The game ". It probably was some board game, buried by someone for safekeeping. But they could not fond any name on it. "Well then, finders keepers! "said Alex and snatched the box. He opened it and emptied the contents on the ground. "Let's take it inside so that nothing is lost.", said Harry. They took it inside and started arranging the pieces. It had only seven ships, instead of the required ten, and all seven were of the same size. "Well, that's strange.", said Angel. Just then, Harry's brother, Henry, who was a year younger than him, ran inside. He did not notice the carpet which had folded up and tripped, flying towards the table where the game was kept. The others tried to catch him, but his hand touched one of the ships and suddenly everything went dark. They all felt sleepy and fell down on the floor, all seven of them. White smoke entered the room, and by the time it cleared, all seven were missing.