25 | heated

"Cool," Jacob says with a wide smile

"Cool," Jacob says with a wide smile. "I can't wait."

"I'm excited," I tell him, unable to ward off a grin of my own. "I think it will go well."

"I hope so." Jacob's thumb runs circles along the back of my hand as we walk, and the warmth of his touch seeps into my skin. "I'm kind of nervous. I want to make a good impression."

I snort, glancing up at my boyfriend with a teasing expression. "You're just meeting my friends, Jacob. Not my parents."

"Still," Jacob argues sheepishly, "I can tell they're really protective of you. I want them to know they can trust me and that I only have good intentions."

The night air has a bitter chill to it. As summer has given way to fall, the temperature has dropped with almost no warning. I shiver as the breeze blows, thankful for the full moon that illuminates the sky up above. I haven't felt safe walking the campus at night since the beginning of the school year, though Jacob's presence helps to calm my nerves slightly. I know no harm will come to me with him by my side.

"You're cute," I tease, gazing up at him with a grin. My heart warms as I take in the sight of him, unable to bite back a soft smile.

Since the two of us started going out, Jacob has made a point to walk me back to my dorm if I have a night class so that I don't have to walk home alone. I know he is trying to be courteous, though the recent death on campus plays an underlying role in Jacob's precautionary behavior. I can't complain, as I'm secretly grateful to have his protection. Unfortunately, walking the streets alone at night for a female is something out of a nightmare. I know I can hold my own, yet a male presence throws off any threatening strangers. What irony, when a female feels the need to be protected by a male from any other potentially harmful males.

"You're cute," Jacob retorts, his stare meeting mine.

He comes to a stop as we walk, pulling me towards him by taking my hand in his. Excitement courses through my veins as he smirks down at me, his free hand cradling the back of my head as he leans his body close to mine, fingertips lost in my hair. I feel as if I'm floating on cloud nine when Jacob's lips meet mine, teasing me with the whisper of a touch before colliding in a tender kiss.

It doesn't take long for the moment to become heated. I giggle as Jacob rests his grip upon my hips, gently pushing me back against the brick wall of the building behind us. He kisses me as we stand on the sidewalk, teasing each other underneath the gleam of the stars and moonbeams.

I close my eyes, losing myself in Jacob's lips and the warmth of his touch.

———
a/n: i'm w my gf YAY

———a/n: i'm w my gf YAY