Funeral

" Chad! What're you doing! Are you CRAZY?!" The teenager was propped up against the kitchen wall, her boyfriend pacing towards her steadily, blood and feathers engulfing his mouth. She could see the spit, dribbling from his mouth, adding a disgusting touch to his uneven, bloodstained teeth. Each step of his misshapen feet allowed her a closer view of his graying skin, which had flesh torn from the bone. He stretched his bony arms forwards, the teenager whimpering. His clothes were tattered, scraps of hair sticking out of his scalp. He was one of them. He was infected.

What should we do Soren? Aileen bit her lip, as she peered through the glass window. Soren sat on the window sill, clawing at the small lock. Why would they risk there lives for this girl?

We need to help that girl! He looked into her eyes, with a worried face.

She couldn't resist it. I'll get a rock!

Holding a heavy rock in her hands, she aimed it at the window. Soren move! Soren leapt into the thicket, his tousled pelage caught in the vines and prickles. The glass shattered, fragments of the sharp glass pierced Soren's fur. Aileen jumped through the window, soon followed by Soren. The former human, Chad, turned to face Aileen and Soren. He could smell the blood running the length of Soren's agile body.

What do we do now?

Kill it!

How? With the rock?

Maybe we can find a knife?

Oh yeah, we'll just walk into the kitchen! Oh wait! He's in the kitchen!

I'm sorry.. Do you have any better plans?

Yes. RUN!

Soren and Aileen bolted for the stairs, the teenage girl close behind them. She was running, she almost made it. A large hand seized her leg and she fell to the bottom of the stairs. Screaming, her boyfriend had bitten into her flesh, devouring her insides. " HELP ME!!! PLEASE!!" The girl shrieked as Chad bit into her cheek. Blood engulfed her motionless body. With blood-shot eyes, Soren weeped. Aileen pulled Soren away from the nightmare and they both entered the girl's bedroom.

She will turn now.

I should've helped her.