Addek/Maddison

Addek/Maddison Season 2-3 ish?

She stepped into the elevator, straightening her silk blouse against her body and adjusting her purse. Sighing, Addison looked up as she thumbed the button for the main floor. A soft guffaw escaped her lips when she saw the mistletoe dangling from the ceiling. Of course, she thought as she shook her head. But the elevator was empty, and there was no one to share it with.

Yet.

The elevator stopped on the fourth floor, and when the door opened, Addison couldn't believe her serendipity. "Derek," she breathed, seeing her husband enter.

"Addison," Derek smiled and nodded at her, his gaze affectionate. He sidled up beside her and sighed a weary sigh.

"Long day?" she asked. But she couldn't get the thought of the mistletoe out of her head. They used to love the mistletoe. His sisters used to mock them when they came over for Christmas. But Derek always shrugged it off. Any excuse to kiss my wife, he'd say.

"Yes," Derek replied softly.

The elevator pulled downward.

Addison licked her lips and turned to him. Her purse slipped from her shoulder as she pressed herself against her husband. Quickly her palms were on his cheeks as she pulled him toward her. The rough scrape of his five-o'clock shadow only spurned her desire. He'd chosen to stay with her. To work it out. Couldn't they be Derek and Addison again?

His body was warm against her, even through his sweater. She plunged her lips on his and felt him melt into her, felt his hands slip to her hips.

It was all so familiar, like old times. And also fresh again. Maybe they had a chance. Maybe he would love her again...

Like they used to. For old times sake.

She pulled away, breathless, and stared into Derek's eyes, hating the pleading look she knew she was giving. He looked at her, surprised. Flustered. Maybe a little aroused?

"Um, mistletoe." She pointed up. As if that would explain everything.

He followed her gesture to the tiny plant that dangled in the ceiling. "Oh," he said.

And then his pager beeped, just as the elevator door opened. "I have to go," he said, pushing past her to get off on the third floor.

"Derek..."

"Addie, I..." he shook his head, "I'll see you at home." And he was gone from view.

Great. Addison chastised herself as she leaned against the wall. Stupid mistletoe. She shook her head as she stuck a red strand of hair behind her ear.

"Addison," a deep voice rumbled.

Crap, Addison looked up to see the one person she definitely did not want to see. "Mark," she sighed, avoiding his gaze by looking at the row of numbers in front of her.

"Mistletoe," he said, pointing up.

Oh God, oh God, "Yeah," she muttered. "Mark, it's not-"

But then he was towering over her, looking down with deep longing in those light blues. His index finger curled under her chin and he gently pushed her lips to his.

"Mar-" his lips crashed onto hers before she could finish.

She felt... she didn't know what she felt. Every stroke of his lips and tongue on hers caused sparks in her heart, and she didn't...

She didn't know if she should let herself feel that. But she couldn't help but respond, moving with him, squeezing his biceps as he tangled his hand in her hair.

The elevator stopped. Mark pulled away, his gaze full of desire and mischief at the same time. "Hm," he shrugged as the doors opened. He smiled slowly at her. "Merry Christmas, Addie." And then he stepped back, out of the elevator and the doors closed in front of him.