25.

Chapter 25

Xavier's P.O.V

Sitting across from Emily whilst she rambled on and on about the memories she's shared with her friends, I'm sure I looked like one love sick puppy.

I hadn't been able to get a word in edge wise, not that I'd be able to anyway when she looked like that. Words would be jumbled and all that. She was out of this world quite literally.

Luckily, I wouldn't be tested on her past because I don't think I'd be able to remember most of the things she's said. I always listen, well and good when she talks, but right now, my mind was else where.

I couldn't stop staring at her lips whilst she talked, her delicate hands moving passionately to her words. My eyes were near to watering because I didn't want to blink, afraid she would be gone as soon as I did.

It sounded stupid even to myself, hell, all of this was stupid, but it felt too right. It was only stupid because I'd never have imagined myself here, with a beautiful girl in front of me, on a date. In fact, I didn't think I'd ever be talking to a girl.

I was too closed off, I didn't give a shit what others had to say. I didn't care about anyone, I didn't like anyone. They were people, all of them out to destroy eachother. Little did I know, not all people were destructive. Emily was the kindest, most caring and gentle person I knew. It wasn't hard because I'd never have been in walking distance of someone I thought as gentle and kind.

There's always someone who can put everything into perspective when you thought there was no perspective in the world at all. You just had to meet the right person, I knew that now.

Fortunately, the right person was sitting in front of me, in touching distance, talking to me and only me. She shone so brightly in a world full of darkness. She was on the radar for everyone to spot, but little did she know how much I needed her. I wasn't going to let anybody take her away.

"And Katie always took the piss as a kid, I don't think she ever knew the meaning of sharing." Emily giggled as soon as I had tuned myself back in to the conversation. I smiled as I watched her laugh. Her head thrown back, her hands braced on her bare knees under the table.

"She is a little weird." I stated, talking about Katie. She was loud and crazy, a bit too much for me, but she was Emily's best friend and she kept her happy all those years I wasn't around; I liked her.

"A little?" She smiled my way. I chuckled slightly.

"A whole lot of weird." Emily nodded in reply.

"But she's an amazing friend. I don't know what I'd do without her." She explained. She then looked to me, oh I knew that look. It was full of curiosity and I knew she was about to drill some information out of me.

I couldn't lie, it scared me, made me a little agitated, but I would answer her questions if they were easy to answer.

"Have you got a bestfriend?" I blinked before shrugging slightly as a reply. A best friend? No. I didn't need one. I didn't want one, even as a child. I had one before I turned the age of 8, but after that I liked being alone.

I never missed having a companion, any companionship. I liked just having me.

"I had Nick." I answered. I did have Nick, we were close but he didn't always live by me. We were rebellious together and I trusted him more than anyone I had at the time. But he wasn't always there, and I wasn't always the nicest person to be around, even though he is family.

"He seemed nice enough." Emily replied. I nodded my head.

"He's always been nice. Rebellious, but he had more wit than I could ever have." He was always the charming one, I'm sure he would charm his way out of jail, and he'd done that a few times. He was funny and people took a shine to him as soon as he talked. He was everything I wasn't.