Prologue

The tutor put a stack of books beside Leonhard, then he took the book from the top and revealed it to his other students. 'All You Need To Know About The Political Backgrounds Behind Those in World War I', then he took out a map. There were only five minutes left before the lesson ended and Leonhard was praying that the professor wouldn't find a chance to assign that book for reading.

"Have any of you read this book?"

Bruno raised his hand.

"Of course," Licht muttered.

Right then a knock came from the door. The royal tutor examined it for a moment then replied, "Come in."

The crown prince and his high steward entered the room. "Oh. Apologies, I interrupted your lesson."

The clock chimed.

The tutor placed the book back on top, "You did not."

Kai immediately brightened up when noticing that his brother took a seat on the couch opposite to them. "Any particular reason you wanted to come here?"

Eins pulled out a book from his coat swiftly, "Because of a recent incident, a meeting I was expected to go to was cancelled, I have some time to spare."

"Why don't you just admit that you wanted to check up on your brothers?" Ernst giggled, a hand lightly covering his mouth.

Eins scowled, "I never said that."

Ernst let out a nonreassuring "Mhm."

Then he acted as if he began to read the book at hand while explaining, "Actually Ern and I are not going to be around for a while."

Kai's dejection poured through, "Where are you planning to go?"

Rosenberg stared at his clipboard for a second, "We need to visit the Kingdom of Calais for diplomatic matters to see whether the trade between the two kingdoms can continue after its recent issue with the military. Our sojourn will take 7 - 8 days and we shall travel by boat."

"So...you guys are going on a trip?" Licht asked, already deciphering Rosenberg's intensified words.

Eins looked up from the book he was supposedly reading. "If you put it in informal terms then in one way I suppose."

Ernst wished Eins hadn't said that. He already knew that the other princes got ideas before Licht even mentioned the word trip.

"Could it be possible that we could accompany you? For learning terms that is." Bruno averted his eldest brother's gaze.

"I don't see why not."

Leonhard tipped over the stack of books beside him when he leaned over the desk, "Brother bonding trip!"

Ernst outwardly groaned, "Eins I cannot believe you. Please- God have mercy-"

Eins couldn't help but feel the satisfaction of getting back at his childhood companion for constantly embarrassing him in front of his brothers.

"Why don't I join you? Not be forceful, but I do know how to handle the younger princes quite well," the tutor suggested.

Ernst pondered, then concluded, "I don't think I have the chance to say no."

Eins stood, "Well it looks like everything has been resolved. Let's go Ern. We don't want to be late for the meeting."

The tutor picked up the books that fell off the floor, "I thought that got cancelled."

"That deceit was just fabricated by me."

Ernst grumbled, "You really go out of your way to carry out your revenge against me. Was it because I locked you out of your bedroom?"

"I have no clue what you are going on about."

They left, closing the door behind them.

"Wow. A boat trip on the seven seas. We should start packing! Imagine what limitless possibilities we could explore there," Licht mesmerized.

"You are bombarding it. We are just going from the kingdom of Granzreich to the kingdom of Calais and it will only take a day to get there, we are fairly close," Bruno admonished.

Licht stuck his tongue out at his older brother, "So? We can enjoy the time there and then we'll explore Calais with the time left after our brother the count finishes their diplomatic work!"

Leonhard melted into the couch daydreaming, "I wonder if they have torte! Nobody will restrict me to one slice on the boat!"

Prince Kai practically exerted flowers. "I'm so happy everyone is so excited for our trip. I like spending time with all of us! And Eins and Ernie are coming with us!"

The tutor only imagined the worst possibilities. What if someone goes overboard? What if there is a criminal on the boat? They aren't in Granzreich waters anymore. But the tutor quickly got those suspicions out of his head, it isn't right to doubt before anything had happened. But he did know something for sure, getting through the boat ride in the same mental state as they started would be hard. 

---

I didn't think I'd actually post this idea of mine but I decided to. I did it cuz I still wanted the royal tutor to be alive. 

TwT

 Im still sad that it ended, it was my favourite manga and I've read MANY mangas, but I loved this one. I decided to do a fluff fic cuz why not, these fics are practically the main thing that's giving me energy to not cry about the royal tutor. oh, and those drawing on the author's Twitter. 

Anyway, hope you like this!

---