Star ⭐ (#33)

[Alia’s POV]

Despite my head banging against my skull, I kept my face buried inside the warm blanket, fingers scrolling through my phone furiously.

I didn’t want to know what was happening outside.

Weather in Mumbai wasn’t exactly appealing and it added more misery to my heart pounding way too loud for my own liking.

The whole blanket covering did little to hide my trembling heart. My husband sitting right across me on our couch was going through a similar if not greater turmoil. But I was not going to show him how much it affected me as well.

In my head I counted till 50. Taking a large intake of breath each time to calm myself.

This was the hardest and most complicated phase of our marriage.
Everything felt like a huge puddle of confusion.

“Done! Alia, now check …”

Ranbir’s shaky voice poked me in the face. I wanted to kick him in the ass for making such a big deal out of this situation. I mean it is indeed a big deal but he made us both look like scared cats.

I pulled myself out of the blanket to see his face.

He was already looking to see my reaction. If I were in a better position myself, this would have made for a happy laughter. But not today.

He looked like he had just watched Conjuring! And would not dare to sleep at night.

He pointed towards the bathroom door attached to our bedroom. I grunted my teeth and threw a nearest cushion at him!

“I told you to stay calm. Stop making a huge fuss about this!”

He mewled for a while but then composed himself and stood up along with me.

“Okay baby come here. I promise I won’t keep my hopes high. Everything will be fine. We stay chill, cool ?”

Whoever gave him the National Award recently would have loved to take it back this instant! He was pathetic at what he just did.

I combed my hair with my fingers and made a messy bun. Then I walked towards my destination with confident steps.

Duh, I am Mrs Alia Bhatt Kapoor!
You don’t get to mess with me. Not even ….

As soon as I walked inside the wash space, my eyes landed on something that seemed to tease me profusely.
I closed the door behind me just in case he decides to peek, which he would anyhow.

After bolting the door, I kept my arms on the wall and stared at the strip.
It could make or break our mood.

I wouldn’t have thought of this had it not been for a conversation with Ranbir some hours before. For a week I felt exhausted and dead. Nothing could refresh me, not even my dearest pets. Or the face of my man.

I longed to head back home after shooting, something I rarely felt. No parties, no functions. Just wanted to snuggle with my toy cushion and sleep all day.

And then it clicked me that I had missed my periods for two months.
That was again rare.

Ranbir had noticed my awful mood swings as well. He nudged me to open up. I casually told him all that I felt in the last one month over a cup of hot chocolate.

His eyes bawled for a second as he went back to his phone, madly searching for something. He then fumbled to find a notebook from the drawer beside. After flipping through some pages, he read its content with deep concentration.

Meanwhile I stared at him with a funny look.

I happened to be one of the luckiest few to witness how weird and funny Ranbir Kapoor was in private. He had a whole different bone in him that just had to be very humorous and quirky.

On the outside he is this shy, soft spoken, intelligent gentleman but to me he is my cutest cuddly bear. Who also happens to give the most warmest hug in the world and loved to tickle me with kisses.

Okay I won’t make you singles feel more terrible!

It was him who came with this idea that I could be pregnant!

I threw him a scary look and ignored his sparkling eyes.

There has been absolutely no one more excited to welcome a child than him! He is a total baby obsessed human. I have seen him going all aww around kids, secretly wishing to have his own some day. He even had the audacity to say that on a television interview, the same year he confessed our relationship!

It warmed as well as scared me to the ends!

I know I want kids of our own some day. But it is a responsibility indeed. I wasn’t sure if I could take it right now.