Chapter 11

"Little Things"Chapter 11

Carrie's POV

Early that afternoon, we were all having a great time watching movies, telling stupid jokes and and messing around with each other, when we all heard the very distinct sound of someone pounding on the front door.

I automatically tensed up, and Niall noticed, putting a comforting arm around my shoulders as Liam and Louis got up to answer the door. I was seated comfortably on the couch, my wheelchair turned on it's side on the the other side of the room, seeing as Louis had earlier decided that it would be a good idea to race in circles around the room while in the wheelchair. Needless to say, he ran into the coffee table and flipped the wheelchair over on it's side. We all laughed like hyenas at the shocked expression on his face.

And Zayn still hadn't completely gotten over the fact that his precious hair was now green. He continually switched from glaring icely at Louis and me. We all found it absolutely hilarious. Well, except for Zayn of course!

We all waited in tense silence as we were all wondering the same thing. Who was at the door? I heard the door open, and then a loud booming voice that I knew I would recognize anywhere. My father.

I felt myself start to shake in fear. Niall threw his arms around me and held me tight, trying to ease my shaking.

I flinched when I heard him yelling, "I WANT TO SEE MY DAUGTER RIGHT NOW! I HAVE EVERY RIGHT! SHE IS MY DAUGHTER!" I wimpered in fear. Suddenly I heard a thump and a grunt of pain.

And then, someone stepped into the room. My father.

Harry, Zayn and Niall all immediatly stood up, moving in front of me. Instead of charging at us, which was what I half expected, he just smirked and started talking in a calm unaffected voice.

"Get out of our house!" Zayn growled, his hands balled into fists at his side.

"Relax kids. I'm not here to hurt my precious little girl," he sneered, and continued, " I just want to talk to her is all. Nothing physical, I promise," he said, that horrible smirk still on his face.

I faintly heard myself speaking up for the first time. "Well, maybe I don't want to talk to you! Did you ever even consider that?"

At that moment, Louis and Liam barged into the room, looking angry as hell.

"YOU GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS HOUSE RIGHT NOW YOU FILTHY BASTARD!" Louis yelled, looking angrier than I though was even possible for him. It was down right scary! He looked like he was going to attack my father. I almost wished he would, except for the fact that I was pretty sure my father was stronger when it came right down to it.

Liam spoke in a much more rational tone, but it was easy to tell that he was absolutely furious inside.

"Sir, you really need to leave this house before I call the cops. I'm serious. If you don't leave, I will call them, and you will certainly have a lot of explaining to do." I knew he was serious and so did my father.

The next time he spoke, he seemed to be making an effort to remain calm. But I knew something was up, and I sort of had a hunch about what he was going to say.

He looked at me, a pleading, but sly look on his horrible face. "Listen, honey. I miss you. I really do. And I'm really sorry for kicking you out, and I'm sorry for how I've been treating you. Please just give me another chance. I promise I'll do better this time. I promise," he said, his voice lined with honey.

And I might have believed him if I didn't know him. But I did. And I knew that calculating look in his eyes, and I knew perfectly well what it meant.

When I spoke then, I was surprised at how firm and strong and cold my voice was. Not like me at all.

"No, I will certainly not go back to you. Ever. The only reason you want me back is so that you can have someone to control again. Well, let me tell you something, father. I'm through. I'm through being your punching bag. I'm through being forced to give you all of my life savings just so you can buy more beer, and more drugs."

I was really getting worked up now. I took a deep breathe and continued, on a roll now. "Do you have any idea how I've felt? Every day I come home, knowing that you're just going to beat the shit out of me again. Every day I dread the moment when I have to walk in that door and back into that hellhole that you forced me to call home. Every day, I have to deal with you physically and emotionally abusing me. Do you have any idea how that feels? No. You don't. And you enjoy making me feel like that. You love it," I stopped and took a deep, shuddering breath. I had never stood up to my father like this before.

I felt my eyes fill with tears as I continued to rage at him. "And you wanna' know something else, father? It's your fault that I'm in a wheelchair right now. It's your fault that I was stabbed almost to death. AND IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT I WAS RAPED!" I practically screamed that last part at him.

My voice cracked then, and the tears spilled down my cheeks as I sat there, trying to maintain some measure of control over myself.

I looked up at him again. "Get out," I croaked, my voice hoarse, tears still falling down my cheeks, "Just get out. I never want to see your face again. I hate you."

He started to say something then, but I cut him off.

"GET OUT!" I screamed, and just completely broke down sobbing.

And that's exactly what he did. He left.

Niall immediatly collapsed on the couch beside me, and wrapped his arms around me. I buried my face in his chest and just cried my heart out.

It was then that it really hit me. I had been raped. I was 16 years old and I wasn't even a virgin anymore. I felt filthy. Like I would never be clean again.

Gradually, I became aware that Niall wasn't the only one embracing me. They were all embracing me. Smothering me in a big, warm group hug. These guys actually cared about me. Maybe even loved me.

This was my true family.

Author's Note: Heeey! So, here's the next chapter! I'm sorry if it's not as long as y'all wanted, but I worked really hard on it. This was a really emotional chapter for me to write, and I really hope y'all like it. :)

Please comment, vote, and fan!:)

And follow me on Twitter @hazzabear96

I love y'all and peace out