~Chapter Fifty Six~

"Genevieve

"Genevieve..."

The name rolled off her tongue perfectly. The name she had given the little girl. Her little girl. Her little girl who was standing in front of her. Long brown hair still falling down her back in loose curls. Her once blood-stained nightgown was back to being clean and white like she had never been covered in the red substance.

Maddy's eyes filled with tears for the second time that night. She didn't understand how the little girl she raised was there, standing in her room, and she didn't care. Dropping the old clothes that were in her hand, Maddy speeds in front of the girl. She stares down at her, bringing her hand up to caress her cheek.

"My sweet girl. How are you here?" She questions, her eyes raking over every inch of her daughter's face.

"I don't know, but I'm glad I am," Genevieve says sweetly before quickly throwing herself into Maddy's arms.

Maddy wastes no time wrapping her arms around the girl's small frame. She could've sworn if she squeezed any harder, Genevieve's head would've popped off. She didn't wanna let go, too scared if she did, the girl she had missed so much would disappear.

"Mom, you're crushing me," Genevieve spoke up.

"I'm sorry." Maddy apologizes while pulling away, her hands resting on each side of Genevieve's face.

"It's ok... I missed you." She smiles, placing her hand over her mother's, the familiar safe feeling sending warmth through her body.

"I missed you more." Maddy smiles back, a stray tear slipping down her cheek.

"Don't cry," Genevieve demands, gently wiping the tear from Maddy's face. "You know I hate it when you cry."

"I just don't understand how your here. Why haven't you found peace yet, baby?" Maddy questions, her eyebrows furrowing together.

"Because I don't want to. I don't wanna be dead. I wanna be here with you." Genevieve states, her voice breaking a bit.

Maddy's eyes soften as she stares down at the girl. Genevieve's words broke her heart. For over a century, she chose not to find peace all because she wanted her mom. She quickly shook her head, embracing the young girl again.

"You're here with me now," Maddy whispers, kissing the top of her head.

~~~~~

When Bonnie awoke the next morning, she headed straight for Maddy's room, only to find that she wasn't there. She searched the bathroom attached to the vampire's room, still coming up empty-handed. The rest of the house was empty, with no sign of Maddy anywhere.