Meeting the Alpha

You'd think that being in highschool wouldn't be so bad, you'd think it'd be easy. You my friend, would be very wrong. Moving here in the middle of the year didn't make it any easier. Everyone wants to know you and what you're story is, everyone stares at you in curiosity or disgust. There is no friendships for newbies like me, only coexistence. Being alone honestly isn't that bad you're left to think for yourself with no fear of being judged or hated. I'm okay with being alone, I like being alone.

I have a challenger courtousy of my parents, and the house we bought is pretty big. My only compliant is that its in the woods.only a 15 minute drive to school though if you know the route. I've practiced the route a time or two not wanting to be late on my first day. As I stop at the front of the school the odd yet pleasing smell of pine and lilacs hits me.

Who the fuck wears pine and lilac together? I asked myself.

I shook the thoughts away and walked inside, and right away realized I'm underdressed. Not my fault I didn't get the memo that black skinny jeans and a white T-shirt with converse wasn't accepted. Who wears Chanel to school? Much less Prada. Who even has the money to pay for all of this stuff?

Just smile and wave, just smile and wave. You're already the freak on your first day might as well not be a total social suicide case. I tell myself.

As I'm walking down the hall people keep looking at me and morning things I don't even have the patience to listen to. I find the office quickly which I'm blessed with. I see a lady at the front desk.

"Can I help you?" She asked giving me a warm smile.
"I'm the new student here, my name is Terrance Kane." I said, returning her smile.
"Ah Miss Kane were happy to have you here is your schedule and I'll call someone to help show you around the school. One moment." She says and grabs her phone off the desk.

I tune out as she's talking to someone, only to shortly be brought back into reality.

"Miss Kane this is Josh he will be your guide for the next day or two. I'm sure you two will be good friends." She says while handing me my schedule.
"Th-thank you" I stutter while trying to get away from them.

I don't talk to people, I don't make friends.

"Well let me formally introduce myself. My name is Josh Stele and I'm the alph- head senior here at Dawne High. You are?" He asked me.
"Terrance Kane" I say, trying not to make eye contact.

He just grabs my shoulders and spins me towards him. And I look into the most gorgeous brown eyes I've ever seen, so dark, so captivating. I'd stare into them all day if I could.

Pine and lilac again, what the hell man? Why does this poor boy smell like he lives in the woods? Talking to myself, isn't one of my best qualities.

"I have to go, I'll find my cl-classes on my own. Th-thanks anyways." I quickly move out of his grasp and walk in the other direction down the hallway.

Once I get half way I look back to see him standing there, staring at me.

I could almost feel his absense. Like I didn't even know him, yet I wanted him next to me. My security and reassurance was gone.

Like apart of me was missing.