Spooning

It was a typical night after patrol and Tim and Stephanie were in bed together cuddling and trading the odd kiss here or there.

"Steph?" Tim asked in between kisses.

"Hm?" Steph hummed continuing to kiss her boyfriend.

"Can we cuddle? I'm kind of tired." To punctuate his statement Tim let out a loud yawn, to which Stephanie found great amusement as she started to giggle at him.

"Tim Drake, willing to sleep, and cuddle his amazing girlfriend? Can't say no to that now, can I?" Stephanie said moving so she was laying on her side manoeuvring so that she was on her side, rather than to keep on straddling his waist, and while she had felt his... not so little problem, they both didn't really want to do more than have a cheeky make out session followed by some cuddling.

As Stephanie got into her usual but not only cuddle position she heard a distinct lack of shuffling from her boyfriend, so Stephanie turned with a confused expression wondering why he hadn't moved to cuddle her yet.

"Can you-uh- can you cuddle me please?" He asked timidly and shyly with a blush starting to adorn his kiss swollen lips and mussed up hair that was starting to get a bit long, so much so he spent longer combing out the knots in the morning than she did, though when in the mood it did give her something to hold onto when he... Stephanie mentally shook her head knowing that her desire had to take the backseat here.

Her gaze softened at his embarrassed look and spoke," Of course Tim. I love a good snuggle, plus your practically a furnace at night so I won't be cold." After she finished speaking, she turned around so that Tim could lay on his side before she spooned him.

As he relaxed into his new position and felt her press herself flush against him, he knew this because he could feel her breath against his neck where she nuzzled him and breathed him in. He also knew because she had tangled her legs with his and wiggled her body against him, which didn't help his previous predicament as he could feel two distinct globes press against his back, and as she did so he started counting the various decimal points of pi to control his hormones.

"This, okay?" Stephanie murmured already feeling sleep taking her, as she laced one of her hands over his body with one of his hands.

Tim took a moment to answer, but Stephanie must have thought he had already fallen asleep, as she huffed in amusement and pressed a loving kiss to the back of his head, where his old burn scar resided.

Tim of course was just thinking.

He was truly happy. He was 24, now had the degree's and qualifications of a CEO, was kicking ass and taking names on a daily basis as the new Batman, to which he was sceptical at first, but as Stephanie said she would be the new Nightwing, as Dick retired to spend time with Zee and their twins, John and Sindella, and wiggled her eyebrows and said," Now Nightwing and Batman can finally flirt without feeling weird about it eh?" Which no, he didn't blush. Totally. Bruce had taken a step back from Batman and finally learned to appreciate life. Cass took up the Batwoman role, which had led to rumours about Batman cheating on Nightwing with, which instead of making her jealous, which her younger self would've been, Stephanie merely laughed and commented," I knew you had a burning desire for one another!" and did not in fact imply that they would all work as a trio, in more ways than one. He was a part of the Justice League with Cassie, as Wonder Woman, Kara as Superwoman and Wally as the Flash. Plus, Helena was a great Robin to have under his wing? Cape?

Though it was a bit weird working closely with two ex's, one of which is your current girlfriend's best friend, and your older brother's best friend, but Tim's life has never been normal. That was just how he liked it though, and wouldn't change for a normal life anyway.

During his thoughts Tim looked at his bedside table and thought about the little black box sitting in it and wondering when a good time would be to ask Stephanie an important question. Probably soon.