40. Be my Luna?

Song of the chapter:- Back To You by Selena Gomez

EMMA'S POV

"Oh thank god", Ethan said wrapping his arms tightly around me not even bothering to answer my question, not that I minded, I'd rather be near him that trying to kill him.

"Ethan, what is going on?", I asked him again, but put my arms around him tightly too and my whole body instantly relaxed, only his scent was enough to calm me, to assure my wolf that everything is alright even though probably it wasn't.

He pulled me to sit with him near the clearing as we looked at the beautiful night sky filled with stars, "you weren't here Emma, I tried to bring you back but I couldn't", he said and pulled me closer to him.

"I don't know what it was Ethan, I'm so sorry, it all felt like a dream but so real you know. And I think I saw her, my mom", I said looking at the stars wondering if she's up there looking down at me.

"Hey, that's a good thing. And stop apologising Ems none of this is your fault okay", he replied leaving no room for argument but I knew somehow all of this was happening because of me. The whole pack was in danger and was suffering because of me, in future  if something happened there is a big chance of people dying because of me.

"Emma, stop overthinking. Like I said this isn't your fault and it doesn't matter if it is, because you're the Luna of this pack and it is there duty to protect you", he said looking at me waiting for a reply.

"But, what if I'm not worth it?", I asked as a tear slipped from my eyes.

I wasn't perfect, hell I don't even know if I can handle taking care of the whole pack in future, I have no idea how to be a good luna, and the thought of being one just scares the shit out of me, like how am I supposed to decide things for all these people, or to represent them when I'm still not able to figure myself out?

"Hey, look at me baby, don't ever doubt yourself. I've seen the way you take care of everyone, and the way you think about everyone, everyone but yourself, you always think about others first, noticing little things about people and taking care of them even if you know they won't return the favor, the way you stand up for everyone, so if anyone is worth it, it's you baby", he said and now I was full on crying.

"Also, I know this isn't the perfect time or perfect place to do this but I can't wait anymore so here it goes, look you're like the most beautiful, compassionate, fierce, caring and akward women I know and the most amazing mate ever and I know I don't even deserve you but I'm not gonna let you go, so what I'm trying to ask is, Emma Ruby Forest will you be my Luna?", He said in one breath pulling out a ring from his pocket and holding it out in front of me.

"Oh my god-" before I can reply he cut me off, "if its too early we can wait", and I almost screamed "NO" and his face fell thinking that was my answer to his question.

"Its um okay I guess well, I can wait I mean I'll wait you know", he said not looking at me and as adorable as it was I can feel his sadness through our bond and without waiting anymore I said, "I meant no to waiting Ethan, I want to be with you, in every and anyway so yes, I'd love to be your Luna".

His face snapped towards mine and within seconds he was pulling me towards him and his lips were on mine as he kissed me with so much passion and love I almost melted then and there, I pulled him closer my fingers curling around his shirt while his were wrapped around my hair as he slightly tugged at them making me moan.

"As much as I love you forest sex isn't really my thing, plus its getting bit colder so can we just go back", I said against his lips and he laughed but pulled me back when I tried to stand up when I gave him a confusing look he put the beautiful emerald ring on my finger with a proud smile on his face.