Chapter 10

For weeks now, you had always been aware that there was someone watching you but never thought it to be someone as dangerous as him.

Well, up till your direct confrontation with him that was.

At first you thought little of the uneasy feelings and the irrational fear that someone might actually be hiding in that dimly lit corner.

Like most others, you chalked it up to be nothing more than your eccentric imagination.

You knew better now. As omnious as doctor Loomis' words spoken to you were, they also contained the bitter and undeniable truth. There was no logical reason as to why you would see the same man countless times a day in various locations unless he wanted something from you.

And he did want you. Dead and buried. That was what you believed.

This constant cycle of fear you were pulled into didn't decrease. After your meet-up with the psychiatrist, you refused to leave your house at night unless you needed to babysit Tommy, and you could hardly sleep more than a couple hours at a time.

It felt as if your anxiety suffocated you each and every time you tried to close your eyes.

Visions of Michael watching you from the corner of your room and stalking forward ever so slowly played through your mind, preventing you from falling into the comforting arms of slumber. With each blink, he got closer and closer until he stood right in front of you.

It grew so overwhelming to the point where you had to turn on your bedside lamp and sit up in bed, your eyes scanning every inch of your room for an intruder.

Even though he made no action yet, you knew he finally would in all due time. Michael was biding his time, waiting, getting used to your habits.

As difficult as it was for you to do so, you had to carry on with your normal life to the best of your abilities; pretend you weren't affected as much as you actually were, be discreet in glancing into his direction.

But despite your best efforts to keep it all down, nothing could be kept from him.

His body diffused the street light's illumination, casting shadows on the ground and the parked cars that glinstered from the humidity gathered on them.

His eyes, blackened like charcoal, trailed downward, pondering nothing.

His shadow stretched far beyond himself, burned into the pavement, a reminder that he did exist, if only for this brief moment on time.

This fleeting notion crossed his mind before it too ceased to exist, replaced only by a single fixation to where his biological eyes crept:

You.

How could a tiny, feckle creature like you escape him in the place that he once called his home, no less? Even from a distance he couldn't have mistaken anyone else for you.

It was inconsequential, just like the family that owned the house you exited. As always, your little (E/C) eyes flickered left and right with untamed fear prominent in them.

It was that fear that made Michael's primal instincts resurface but he didn't act on it. There was something about you. You were different from most 18 year olds. Most people your age were off to college, partying with friends or in a steady relationship.

You were someone pure; someone still able to be swayed to either side of the spectrum. You always had been this way.

The grip on the hilt of his trusted weapon tightened with all the surety of someone who really, really knew how to use it.