Return of Professor Daagon

It was a warm afternoon. I, RibFace, was hanging out with my friends. It was after a long day at school and I had just stolen ShadowStripe’s backpack.

 “Come back with my backpack!” he bellowed, running after me.

 I kept going, listening to the soft thud of my footsteps on the grass. I ran around a tree and tossed ShadowStripe’s lightweight backpack to his twin, ShadowSpike. I watched him run away with ShadowStripe close on his tail.

I looked over at WhiteOrb and BloodRed. They grinned back.

 “StoneHead! Help!” ShadowSpike yelled. He was playing tug of war with ShadowStripe. Another boy with medium shaggy brown hair ran over and yanked it out of both of their grasps.

StoneHead ran by and handed it off to me. I turned to run but ShadowStripe was right there. He clasped on and yanked. I held on tightly.

“Help!” I shrieked.

“Whoa!” WhiteOrb yelled as BloodRed pushed her onto the backpack. She landed on the ground with a thud. The she jumped up and speedily darted away, still grasping the backpack.

“Ha” WhiteOrb yelled. “I can even outrun you backwards!” She flipped around and stuck her tongue out at ShadowStripe.

“Look out!” I yelled as I noticed the rock jutting out of the ground.

“Huh?” She said but it was too late. She landed on her bottom, tossing the backpack into the air. It snagged on a branch and there it stayed.

“WhiteOrb! Are you OK?” I asked.

“No.” She said in-between giggles. “My fannie hurts too much to be OK.”

“Oh, yes. Your fanny is extremely important at the moment. Meanwhile, ShadowStripe’s pack thinks it is a squirrel.” BloodRed said sarcastically.

“Can someone please help me up now?”

“I don’t know.” StoneHead said. “Should we?”

“Hmm . . . That’s a tough one.” ShadowSpike said.

“No” ShadowStripe said. “She deserved it.”

“No I didn’t!!”  WhiteOrb yelled.

Something hit ShadowSpike in the back of the head. He spun around and yelled. Then he stumbled back and landed on WhiteOrb.

“Get off!” She complained and whacked him on the back.

He got off of her and mumbled, “ I must be dreaming.”

Sensing that something was up I whirled around as did the rest of the group. I growled, StoneHead shrieked, ShadowSpike kept mumbling, and the pack members tensed. There standing in front of us was a huge Bengal tiger. On the ground where ShadowSpike had been standing was a backpack, ShadowStripe’s backpack.

For a while no one moved. BloodRed was the first to do anything. She ran foreword and morphed. In her place was a dark gray wolf with three red stripes on her back going towards her belly. There was another bright red stripe going around her neck, a few more on her tail and one from the top of her head down to her nose. She stood proudly in front of the great tiger that had been hiding in the tree earlier.

WhiteOrb was the next to follow and soon a new wolf was standing next to BloodRed. This wolf was a light black wolf with a gleaming white circle on her forehead.

Then went ShadowStripe. He was a light gray wolf with black stripes on his back, tail, neck and one on each leg. He growled but BloodRed cut him off with a wag of her tail.