1: trash-phia

[I'm really nervous to start this! Hopefully it all goes according to plan! Wish me luck and let's hope I don't fúck up!]

A pair of pompoms was thrown at Zayn while he was seated on the gym floor on his phone. He looked up with scrunched eyebrows (he was annoyed) to see who the culprit was, his face only softening when he realized it was his best friend, Perrie Edwards. Zayn first met Perrie when he was only fourteen. It was during the spring of cheerleading tryouts before their freshmen year. The two were partnered up for certain stunts and they clicked instantly-the rest was history.

"Hey!" he whined, setting his phone down, "what was that for?"

As Perrie approached him, Zayn could tell it was break time with the whole cheer team scattered across the gymnasium drinking water and talking with their friends.

"No reason," answered Perrie in a tone flatter than Zayn's ass, plopping down next to her best friend on the wooden floor. "So, on a scale from one to microwaving your head, how bored are you?"

Since Zayn was the only male cheerleader in the entire school, Coach Anderson often had him sit out during certain rehearsals. It wasn't because Zayn was a bad cheerleader-actually, he was quite flexible and a great acrobat, but due to being the only boy, he often stood out negatively during competition routines unless he was the lead.

"Oh shut up, I'm fine." That was a complete lie. Sometimes Zayn didn't even feel like he was on the Riverbank High School Varsity cheerleading team. Ever since he was a freshman, he hoped that another boy would join the team, and that way, he could be in every group routine because they would look balanced. Sadly, that would never happen in his lifetime. Being a male cheerleader was social suicide and like begging to be harassed every day. Zayn was often pegged as the faggot on the cheer team, and even though it was true, it still hurt. The constant teasing got bad to the point where Zayn considered quitting, but Perrie didn't let that happen.

"So how's practice going?" asked Zayn as he got in a split position to stretch. "I wasn't paying attention this time."

"You haven't missed much. Brianna choked on her spit, Mackenzie tripped during the dancing bit of the routine, and Sophia is still throwing a fit because she's a flyer instead of a base this year."

"Gosh I can't stand that Sophia bítch," said Zayn, reaching a full vertical split on the gym floor. "She should be more grateful that she's a flyer. Congrats sweetie, you're skinny enough to be lifted into the air! Girls on this team have starved themselves to get to the top of that squad pyramid."

Perrie laughed at Zayn's over-the-top facial expressions as he ranted on about Sophia Smith. "I feel bad for Liam. He's the one who has to deal with that whiney whore."

"That lucky bítch," grumbled Zayn, reaching forward to grab his foot to stretch his back in his split. "I would kill to have some man-candy like that by my side." Oh, and what made matters worse for Zayn, there were no good looking gay boys at his school. Every single one was either repulsive or too queen-like for Zayn.

"Mhmm," hummed Perrie in agreement.

"Edwards, Malik, get your butts over here!" shouted Coach Anderson, her grey eyes gruesome and demanding.

The two jogged over to join the rest of the team, Zayn excited that he could finally join practice again. When they reached the circle the team was in, Perrie began apologizing. "I'm sorry coach, we just got a little distracted and-"

"I don't wanna hear any excuses, Edwards. You're the captain of this squad, so I expect you to keep a keen eye all the time," she lectured.

"Yes ma'am," muttered Perrie, her blonde locks of hair covering her face as she ducked her head in embarrassment.