prologue

Home. 

Aurora wasn't quite sure she knew what it meant. 

A place? A feeling? A person? She was certain she had never experienced it before, not even on Olympia. 

If she was honest, she couldn't remember much of Olympia anyways. It was a blur of memories and people and training... her mind couldn't quite grasp how she'd gotten in this position. 

Eternals. 

That's what Arishem called them. They had one important mission: Kill the Deviants. Protect the human race. 

Aurora wasn't sure the reason for the mission, but she knew that if Ajak and Arishem commanded it, that she was going to follow. 

Maybe. 

As she sat in her seat, surrounded by darkness, curiosity began to bloom inside her. She wondered what would happen. How long they would stay on this planet called Earth. 

She had never fought a Deviant before; would she be able to beat them? 

No. She thought. There is no room for doubt. Doubt will get you killed. 

She took a deep breath, remembering everything that she had learned the past few years.

Ajak had told them that she didn't know how much time they would stay on this planet, but Aurora had a feeling that it would be a long time before she saw Olympia again. 

The lights in the middle of the room brightened slightly, illuminating Arishem's sculpture in the middle. 

In front of her, Aurora saw as Ajak's sphere entered her chest. Ajak opened her eyes, looking up at the sculpture. 

"It's time" 

Who knew, maybe Earth would become her home.