Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Why would I get a call from my sister saying she is at some scary guy's house and she wants me to come and pick her up right away?" asked Hamish when Landon finally came in to the room.

Landon's jaw dropped when he heard this. How could he not know that Hamish was Lyla's sister? They had the same scent and he was only just realising that. And Hamish's scent wasn't hard to forget because he was Landon's best friend. Now that he was actually paying attention, he could smell that they had the same scent.

"I'm waiting," said Hamish.

"I'm sorry," replied Landon.

"Is that all? Why have you kidnapped my sister?"

"I haven't kidnapped her."

"You are holding her here against her will. I am pretty sure that is kidnapping."

"She's my mate."

Hamish knew everything about werewolves and he knew that Landon was a wolf. Landon had to tell Hamish his secret because when Hamish and Landon were in year twelve, they both planned to go to the same university. And when Landon inherited the Alpha position of the pack, he had to unexpectedly defer his studies. So naturally, Hamish started asking questions and answers had to be given.

"My sister? My seventeen year old sister is your mate? She is mated to an Alpha wolf?" Hamish's jaw dropped.

Landon nodded, "she is."

"She can't stay here. She will be killed."

"Hamish, you know me. You know my pack."

"She's a human. But wait? She's your mate so surely you would have considered turning her. You have turned her, haven't you?"

"Of course not."

"Don't lie to me, Landon. I know that it is not only turned wolves who can turn a human to a wolf. Wouldn't you turning Lyla yourself strengthen your mate bond with her?"

"Well, yes, it would. But I would never hurt her like that."

"I wouldn't put it past you."

"You know I don't run my pack by bloodshed, Hamish."

Maybe that was a lie. Landon had already threatened to kill a number of times lately. But maybe that would stay to himself.

"You're a werewolf. Anything could happen."

Landon growled. He promised himself he would never lay a hand on Lyla like that.

"Alpha," said Alex as he barged into the office.

"What is it, Alex?" asked Landon.

"Rogues. On our land."

Landon growled.

"See?" Hamish yelled, "this is why Lyla shouldn't be here. I know what rogue wolves are."

"And they will come nowhere near Lyla."

"You told me what they can do and now you are saying they won't come anywhere near Lyla?"

"Trust me, Hamish. I am looking after my mate."

"Don't call her your mate."

"What?"

"Alpha," said Alex, "what do you want us to do?"

"Send the wolves out. I'll join you and deal with this personally."

"What about Lyla?" asked Hamish.