Thirty

Scott lowers his hand, and the four of us jump off. Without a second thought, I sprint through the gathering people. I bump into Wanda, and her eyes widen in surprise upon seeing me.

"You're alive?"

"I am, and so are you!" I call back over my shoulder with a smile.

I keep running, weaving between the crowd until I crashed into the two people I was running towards. I stumble backwards and stare at the two of them. They stare back, eyes growing wide as they see me standing before them. I grin widely and jump forward, wrapping my arms around the pair of them.

"You're back!" I murmur as I pull away.

"What the hell happened to your face?"

"Jamal, why are you like this?" Tyrone slaps his forehead with a sigh.

"We thought you were dead?"

"We watched you die! How are you alive?"

I chuckle under my breath, "I'm alive. A bit battered and bruised, but here I am."

I look over my shoulder at the battlefield, only now taking in the size of Thanos' army. I unsheath the sword on my back, only now feeling the weight of it. The blade itself was double the length of my katana's, but it felt lighter. Using both hands, I grip the sword, staring ahead before taking a deep breath, glancing at Tyrone and Jamal, who look equally confused by what is happening.

"Five years ago, Thanos won, and snapped away half the population." I state, recalling the harsh memory. "Now we brought everyone back, but it appears that this isn't over."

"We're fighting Thanos?"

I nod my head, "sounds right."

A loud cry from the front of the crowd catches my attention. The single cry bounces through the air before it is met with more cries. I look at Tyrone and Jamal, "neither of you better die, or I'm gonna start a fucking riot."

"That goes for you too Posie."

The three of us nod at each other in agreement before joining the charge as we sprint across the battlefield. I leap over the rubble and ashes, feet pounding the ground. Thanos raises a double-bladed sword in the far distance, his army of alien creatures charging towards us. In the air, unearthly spaceships swim through the air, while back on land, the monsters sprint forward at alarming speeds.

The collision is catastrophic as I swing my blade, knocking over as many monsters as I can. I whirl my arms back, bring the sword around in front, the head of the closest creature falling to the floor. I bring it back in the same motion as a creature sprint's at me, failing to tackle me to the ground.

I slam the sword onto my back, grabbing for my knives that lace the belt of my suit. I clutch the two longest knives, running and tackling the closest monster, stabbing both knives right through his eyes. He screams in pain and knocks me off, sending me flying. Using my metal hand to anchor myself in the ground, I slow down, pushing myself off the ground, throwing my knife into the back of the head of one of the giants. He spins around, eyes narrowing on me. I cock my head slightly before running at full speed. I leap into the air, arms wrapping around his neck. He punches me in the side, and I wince slightly, but not before grabbing the knife that is lodged in the back of his head. I rip it out, slashing it across his neck as I fall to the ground.

I stumble backwards as he falls. Spying his large scythe, I pocket the bloodied knife, grabbing that instead. I spin around, using the long handle to hook the curved blade around the neck of a monster. I tug it backwards, head falling off and the body to the floor. In front of where he stood, a familiar person stared back at me. I don't smile. My eyes have fallen on a large giant barreling in our direction. I pull my arm back and throw the scythe through the air. The long blade lands in his face, and he falls to the ground shortly after.