Leah's Drabble

Short drabble written for Leah, who has the biggest crush on Oliver EVER

Two girls hid behind the large rows of books in the travel section of the University of Indiana's library. They had been pen pals for years, but this was the first time they'd met in person. As they both suspected, they had taken an instant liking to each other. The younger girl, P.C., as her friends called her, had been intrigued, but not surprised when her pen pal, Hermione Granger, told her about the special school she attended. They had been exchanging letters for several months when Hermione had felt comfortable letting P.C. in on her secret. After several years of writing letters and sharing their deepest thoughts, P.C. finally felt comfortable asking Hermione for help. After another month of planning and carefully concealed notes, Hermione and P.C. were ready to put their plan into action.

Although P.C. was younger by almost five years, the girls could have been mistaken for sisters. Both of the girls had thick, brown hair and intelligent guys. The only difference between the girls, they were even the same height, was the color of their eyes. Hermione's eyes were chocolate brown while P.C.'s eyes were brilliantly green.

“I'm so glad you're here,” P.C. gushed. “I don't know what I would do without you.”

“You needed my help,” Hermione explained. “Did you think I would abandon you in your time of need?”

“Of course not,” P.C. exclaimed. “Oh. She should be here soon.”

“Shhhh,” Hermione hissed. “We don't want her to hear us.”

“Can't you do something about that?” P.C. asked. “You are a witch, aren't you?”

Muffliato,” Hermione mumbled, shaking her head at P.C.’s choice of words. “Have I told you just how much you remind me of my best friend, Harry?”

“Only about a thousand times,” P.C. groaned. “I don't think we're anything alike. He sounds too impetuous.”

“It's your eyes,” Hermione remarked. “You have the same green eyes as Harry does. Not to mention, there are times when it seems like you're channeling him. If he weren’t married to Ginny, I would have tried to set the two of you up a long time ago.”

“There she is,” P.C. proclaimed, pointing toward the assistant librarian's desk.

“She’s exactly as you described her,” Hermione noted appraisingly.

Leah, completely unaware that her best friend and an accomplished witch were hiding in the stacks plotting, took her seat and started her day as usual. Across a library, having the perfect vantage point, Hermione and P.C. put the finishing touches on their plan.

“He should be here any moment,” Hermione observed. “Do you think will have any problems with her family? We don't want to upset her brothers.”

“I don't think that will be a problem,” P.C. reasoned. “Her oldest brother is busy with his youth group. Her two younger brothers are both busy with their own lives. The elder twin is intent on joining the military, and doesn't seem to care about anything that doesn't revolve around the armed forces. The younger twin, is deeply involved in his art, and only surfaces for meals, and that's only when Leah's mom forces him to eat with the family.”

“What about her sister?” Hermione asked. “Would she be upset at our plan?”

“Would she be able to hear the plan over that music?” P.C. retorted. “Some of those songs! They're not singing, they're shouting.”

“It sounds like...” Hermione began quietly.

“Oh no,” P.C. corrected, reading her pen pal’s hesitation correctly. “You misunderstand me. Her family loves her very much. It's just that they don't take an active interest in her love life. My brother and sister don’t try to set me up with people. Actually, it would be weird if they did, right?”