Foreword

Dear Studiers of Magic,

There are many systems and rules that govern the unrealistic events we read and watch about all around us. This book is a compiled version of what I have found to be true in almost every instance. Each chapter will contain content about different matters. Hopefully, this will serve to educate you better on developing your fantasy worlds.

Within the contents of this book, I have collected and summarized the properties of magic and other properties of the fantastical sort. Not only will you find things about the fantasy kind of magic, but also of things to us that still seem like magic, such as ability-granting genetic mutation or engineering. I have drawn my knowledge from a variety of fictional sources, including The Pendragon Series, the Percy Jackson books, The Kane Chronicles, Harry Potter, The Inheritance Cycles, Eon, X-Men, Maximum Ride, Secrets of the Immortal Nicolas Flammel, and others. All plot content and characters, of course, belong to their respectful authors. This book is only meant to inform, and I wish to take no credit for their ideas. I'm merely drawing upon their perspectives on the magical world and from my own experience. My close analysis of their worlds is entirely my own, and I do not intend for my own theories and opinions to offend anybody.

In addition, I have begun to compile my short stories within this book. These are all original ideas I have for the origin stories of fantastical and futuristic characters that I wanted to flesh out into existence. I figured there was nowhere better than a Book of Magic to give their stories a home.

With that said, I wish to welcome you all to the worlds of magic!

Love,
          Mistyswirl ❄

//Originally published on March 15th, 2015 at 6:43 PM. Updated on April 18th, 2019 at 1:43 AM.