Chapter two

Isabelle

I took the keys out of my bag and went home, thankfully no one was home yet. I went upstairs and finished up some homework and went to cook dinner. I knew if I didn't cook dinner they would beat me. After dinner was made I put some pasta in a bowl for myself because usually, they wouldn't let me eat a lot. The door busted wide open and I knew he would get angry because I was eating.

"I'm s-sorry I won't do it again" I cried. He yanked me by the hair and threw me on the floor of my room.

"HOW MANY TIMES DID I TELL YOU NOT TO EAT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION" he pulled out his cigarette and lit it

"please not today" I begged him

He dragged it all across my body, to my neck down to my thighs. I felt the burns becoming more and more painful. He punched me in the face multiple times causing a nose bleed and bruises. I cried silently waiting for it to be over. He punched me on the face one more time and I was knocked out and saw nothing but black.

-----

beep beep

I woke up and felt my whole body aching and sharp pains in my head. I slowly pulled the covers off and tried to remember what happened last night. Flashbacks of my stepdad lighting his cigarette came back and I remembered it all. I looked at the alarm clock and it was 6:50. I was gonna be late to school. I didn't really feel like going to school because entire body hurt so much but I had to. I quickly got out of bed, brushed my teeth but some leggings and a hoodie on and did my makeup. I tried my best to cover it all but the bruises were so prominent you can still see a little. I let my hair down so it could cover the side of my face and I walked to school.

-----

I walked through the empty halls because I was late. I was glad I was late, I didn't wanna face those boys again even though I have class with leo right now. I walked into my class.

"and the last pair is Isabelle and leo"

Me and leo both looked at each other at the same time

"why are you late miss gray"

"sorry Ms white it wont happen again"

"I have assigned partners for the project since you are late you can ask your partner what were doing" she said in a really bitchy attitude

I quickly sat on my seat next to leo. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked at leo and he handed me a piece of paper

"Here, that's my address, you can come over right after school"

"u-umm thanks I guess"

His eyes were gorgeous no doubt they were so brown I could look into them forever but I thought about what melissa said I wanted to stay away from them. But now I have to go to some random guys house that I met yesterday.

---

It was last period, me and Melissa walked to class together and jake and Ethan came in front of us and didn't let us get into class

"where you guys going" Ethan said

"yeah, class didn't even start" jake said while fixing his hair

"hey just let us go" Mellisa said

"We just tryna get to know the new girl, clearly she ran off yesterday" he smirked

I saw Leo walking towards jake and Ethan and he looked at me for a second but then turned to his friends and they all got distracted talking to each other. Me and Mellissa ran into class and sat in our seats. All three of the boys also walked into class although Leo wasn't supposed to be in this class. Leo sat on the other side of me on purpose.

"Mr corpus, do you belong in this class" the teacher had said

"um yeah I just transferred"

which was clearly a lie because he and jake started laughing because the teacher actually believed him. The whole time jake, Ethan, and leo were throwing paper balls at me and Melissa and one of them said "nice ass" I grabbed a sheet of paper and I wrote, "cant say the same about your dick" and threw it at jake. I turned and smiled at him as he looked at the paper and started laughing.

The bell rang and I quickly went out. I pulled out the piece of paper Leo gave me and out his address on google maps. His house was a 30 min walk and I didn't have a car or a metro card so I started making my way to his house although my legs really started to hurt because of the bruises which had caused slight limping.

Leo

I got in my car as I heard someone call out my name and I turned

"Hey babe" Maddy put her arm around my neck and started kissing me

"not right now okay I've gotta get home"

"what's the rush, you can take me to your house" she smirked

As much as my body wanted it I said no because Isabelle was coming over.

"no, not today maybe tomorrow"

I got in my car and I drove, I already knew she was gonna be mad but I didn't care she's not even my girlfriend, people just started assuming we were dating because she was all over me. I drove and I saw Isabelle walking, she looked like she was in a lot of pain. I rolled down the window to talk to her

"where you really just about to walk all the way to my house" I started laughing

"yeah I don't have a car or a metro card"

She looked like she was trying to hide her face from me but she was really bad it

"Get in the car"

"no I'm good I can walk"

"look I'm not gonna let you walk all the way to my house alone, okay?"

She started walking because clearly, she was being stubborn. I got out of the car and opened the door for her.

"Please don't make me carry you and put you in the car"

"I said I'm fine I can walk"

I picked her up bridal style and looked at her green eyes. I've never seen eyes like hers before.

"what the fuck let me go"

I put her in the car and buckled her seatbelt she looked terrified as if she was scared of me

"Are you okay"

"um yeah I'm fine but I can walk"

"no, I'm not gonna let you walk"

I closed the door and I got in the car and started driving. I wanted to break the awkward silence so I said

"What happened to your leg"

"oh it's nothing I just fell from the stairs" she laughed

"also sorry about my friends, you looked really scared when Ethan backed you up in the lockers yesterday, they didn't mean to scare you they just always do that"

"yeah it was fine"

"I'm Leo by the way"

"Isabelle"

Authors note

Hey guys, how did you like the second chapter? I'll try to update at least three times a week if not every day. Also, the guy in the picture is Leo.

ps. since your already here it wouldn't hurt to leave a vote

-love ya