Chapter 1: Laring Hill Trading Post

In a world called Sappheria lives magical and non-magical beings always at war with one another for riches, thrones, power and honour. Sappha the Moon Goddess has prophesized that one day a warrior and their loyal companions will end the wars and spread peace to all of the kingdoms of Sappheria. Many folk has given up on the prophesy for it has been over five centuries since the goddess promised them hope but there are still those who believes and worships the coming saviours.

In a town called Laring Hill Trading Post lives a few of almost every race and creature in peace and as equals. The folk of the town and traders that travel from far off lands trade skills, languages, rare and magical items, recipes for potions and ale and tell each other tall tails. North of the town are The Mountains of The Snow-walkers, West is The River of Fortune, South is a small forest and East is an open field filled with colorful flowers.

Mayor Randell, a man of his word, runs the town and his right-hand-man Sir Mori, an old Orc who retired from his knightly duties after The Goblin War, helps keep law and order in Laring Hill. Most folk in town grew up together and treat each other as family. Everyone knows everyone in the small but famous town.

One quiet night in Laring Hill a traveler stumbles around in the dark, clutching his side. Asterin a beloved Queelian-elf bumps into the traveler on her way to the tavern.

Asterin: "Oh, I am so sorry." She looks him up and down, noticing that the hand clutching his side is covered in blood. Do you need help?"

Traveler: "I need a mage or anyone with healing abilities. I've lost lot of blood." He looses his grip on the wall and before he falls to the ground Asterin quickly catches him.

Asterin: "The only magic wielder in town has left a week ago and won't be back in at least two more." She holds him up steady while she starts walking with him back in the direction she came from.

Traveler: "Where are you taking me?" He asks in a weak voice.

Asterin: "To my house, to tend to your wounds." She tightens her grip on him so she won't drop him.

Traveler: "Thank you, Miss..." He clings to her as his life depends on it.

They make their way to Asterin's house as fast as possible. They stumble through the door and Valerie, Asterin's younger sister, hurries over to them when she sees the traveler covered in blood.

Valerie: "What happened?!" She asked with concern written allover her body.

Asterin: "Don't know yet. Get everything off the kitchen table." Without hesitation the young girl moves to do as she was told by her sister.

Asterin drags the traveler to the kitchen while Valerie moves things out of the way. Asterin and Valerie works together to get the traveler on the table, with much effort since he's busy passing out and dropping all of his weight to the ground. Once he's on the table Asterin pulls the traveler's shirt up to his chest to inspect his wound.

Traveler: "Buy a man a drink first before you undress him." He attempts at a joke and succeeds when Valerie lets out a slight giggle.

Asterin: "He's loosing too much blood. Val I need you to run to Healer Thralle and tell him to come here... and to bring Himlare, quickly!" She instructs her sister. Valerie nods her head before running out the kitchen and through the front door.

Traveler: "I thought you said that you could tend to my wounds?" He questions her in a hazy voice.

Asterin: "I can stop the bleeding and clean the wound but he's gonna have to stitch you up and give you Himlare to help heal from the blood lost."

She puts pressure on his wound to attempt to stop the bleeding and he takes a deep breath from the pain that rushes through his body.

Traveler: "You know, it would hurt less if you were more gentle. I thought Queelian-elves has a gentle nature."