Chapter III

Slowly the night came, and all was quite. "Pikachu.. I think my mom is asleep. We can go now". I looked up at her urgently, "How are we going to get Lumiose?". Mint walked out to her window and pointed at her red Acro-Bike. "My mom got it for me for my birthday. Lumiose isn't that far". I knew it wasn't far, Lumiose really wasn't far from any route the way Kalos was built. She picked me up and put me in her bag and tiptoed down the stairs and outside. She hopped onto the bike. She started cycling carefully down the route. She looked down at me in her bag, "Are you all right?". I nodded and looked up at the sky. What could have done this? "I hope the Professor is still in by this time...". I looked up at her determined brown eyes, there was something abut her that reminded me... "Mint, who is your father?". She looked at me a bit confused, "I've never known my father. My mother never married. She told me he was a good man". That is a little bit too familiar..

Mint cycled into the gates and took a sharp turn onto the sidewalk. "Sycamore's lab is close!", sha said looking at a passing sign. She then quickly pulled over at a medium-sized building with a poke-ball pillars besides the entrance. She jumped off her bike and leaned it by the fence. I jumped out of her bag and ran into the building with her behind me. "Excuse me ma'am. We really have to talk to Professor Sycamore!". The receptionist looked at us and sighed, "He's a bit busy but he'll be done soon". I frowned and waited with Mint in the waiting room for Professor Sycamore. Mint flipped through the Pokemon Magazines while I impatiently circled around the couch. Suddenly the Professor walked into the room with a sullen look on his face. He didn't  look as happy as he had been the last time I saw him. Mint got up promptly at the sight of the professor. Sycamore looked at her and forced a slight smile, "Bonjour! How may I help you miss?". She looked up at him and then at me, she wasn't sure how to explain. "Uh, Professor. This Pikachu here is Ash Ketchum's. We have some questions about about hte plane..". Suddenly Sycamore's face wen't pale, "Ash Ketchum's Pikachu... are you sure?". I looked up at him with impatience, Pika Chu Pi!. I would prefer not to translate that. Proffesor Sycamore sighed and looked at the door, "Ash was a fine trainer, great potential. I haven't heard so much about the plane".  Sycamore's voice cracked in the middle of the sentence. He then looked down at me and gently picked me. "When Ash was last in Kalos, he had visited here often. I believe we might have his Pikachu's DNA samples here. I would like to check that before we continue this conversation". I sighed and decided to go through with it. The Professor took a sample from me and wen't back i his lab to compare them. He came out thirty minutes later. "It's his Pikachu..".

Sycamore sat down on the couch and buried his face in his hands. "I'm guessing Oak already knows about this. He does have all his other Pokemon...". His other Pokemon have no idea though... "I'm not sure what you wan't me to about this..". Mint was beginning to feel a bit impatient to, "Professor! I- I mean we think that a Pokemon might be involved in the crash!". Sycamore blinked, "And how are you sure it didn't just break down", there was bought in his voice. He knew Planes don't just crash the way that one did. The Professor looked down in thought, "I get what your talking about, but no Pokemon could have done that. I'm certain". Mint looked at him angrily, "Are you saying that you know every single Pokemon in the world!?". The Professor looked at her a bit amused, "No, of course not. We are making new discoveries every day but I don't see how any unidentified Pokemon can do such damage. No other Pokemon...". He sighed, "I could get you in touch with the man in charge of the research project on that site. I don't see how it would help..". Mint looked excitedly at Professor Sycamore and then back at me, "We'ere getting somewhere! We might find out what happened!". I was excited too but I ddin't wan't to show it too much. "Thank you so much Professor!". Sycamore looked at her and smiled, "I'll give you a call after I talk to him". Mint nodded and ran out the door, I followed her.

"Pikachu! Someone took my bike..", Mint said worryingly when she stepped outside. "Damn it, I should have tied it up!". I looked around, the bike was no where to be found. Tears began to run down her face, "How am I going to get home now...". A young lady waked by the building and looked at us, "Girl, are you alright?". Mint nodded weakly, "Someone stole my bike..". The woman nodded and sighed, "You should be more careful. There are very dangerous people out at night", she looked at me blankly and suddenly her pupils dilated. She shook her head and ran her hand through her long pink hair. She almost looked like she was about to cry. "Ma'am! Are you alright?", Mint walked up to her. I looked at her confusingly and suddenly a faint memory came into my head. Team Rocket? "I'm sorry!", she then ran down the street quickly. Wait, wasn't that Jesse form Team Rocket. What happened... Mint look at me calmly, "I guess we'll have to take a GoGoat...".

I guess Ash did have an effect on people.

*OMG, I wasn't suppose to write that much... XD. I guess I'm taking the plot slowly and sprinkling in some reunions.  This chapter took forever to finish. When I'm done with the book I'll read it over for editing, I'm kind of depending of Spell-Check. Thank you for all the reads guys!*