sick day (2)

Requested by @fanart3000  

A/N: If you haven't read the first part, I advise you to read it so you'll know what's going on here ;) 

Written in y/n POV

-

Seeping through the curtains, the sunrise adds an orange hue to our room. The light wakes me up from a dreamless sleep, chasing my exhaustion and malaise away. Nothing is better than the revival feeling after a day defeated by unwelcomed pathogens.

With my eyes still close, I try to stretch. But, something is restricting my movement. Scarlett is still hugging me close to her chest that her heartbeat and breaths are audible. In the wash of the golden ray, her face glitters like a Greek goddess. Scarlett's face is not technically flawless. Freckles, moles, acne unveiled themselves without the cover of makeup. However, all those imperfections are what make her perfect and lovable. Adorable. I can stare at her face for a long time but not get bored.

She is not only physically beautiful. She makes the space, the people, the thing around her beautiful. She sees beauty in everything, shows how special a little ordinary thing is, and brings out their uniquenesses. All of these, she does them with ease. She is my sunshine after a night. She cares so much about who she loves. She cares so much about me.

Foggy memories from last night haunt my mind when I am enjoying my wake-up view. My heart skips a beat when the little monster in my mind decides to rewind those embarrassing incidents. Although I know damn well that I do not have to let my guard up all the time around her, revealing my vulnerability and weak self still scares me. Being independent and self-sufficient are embedded into my core. I forget how it feels like to be loved and cared for and depend on others. What if she rejects me after knowing that I am not as good as she thinks I am? What if she thinks that I am clingy and annoying?

Overwhelmed by the questions, I decide to leave the bed to please my stone-hard ego. Slowly, I untangle myself from her arms. The first few attempts end up with her pulling me closer and holding me tighter like I am her Teddy bear. When I get a little bit frustrated, I slightly increase my strength. Unfortunately, she jolts awake when I try to move her arms. Realizing that it is just me trying to get out, she releases me to stretch and yawn, "Good morning, babe. How do you feel today?"

"Umm, great! Sorry to wake you up, baby," I kiss her on her cheeks.

"You should rest more. You've taken care of me all night," I tell her.

"You're the one who should go back to sleep. You're sick."

"I feel way better now. I promise. I'll go make breakfast for you. Stay here," I try to crawl out of bed but, Scarlett's hand wrapping around my wrist stops me.

"Y/n. We have to talk," she says with a straight face. She has never shown that kind of expression — I must have done something wrong and pissed her off. Guiltiness forces me to sit back at her side.

"Tell me what's in your mind," she asks.

"Sorry for making you take care of me," I mumble with my head low.

Her brows quickly turn into a frown, "You don't have to apologize for that."

She looks at me worriedly, like a mother looking at her wounded child. Words are stuck in my throat. I have to swallow them back into my stomach so I can breathe normally.

"Y/n," she holds my hand up, "From the moment I made this mine, I have committed to love you, support you, care for you no matter what happens. But I can't do all of those if you won't let me get in here," her finger points to my heart.

In an instant, my cheeks are rosy and hot. I look away from her face due to immense embarrassment. She turns my head back to face her and holds my face so I can stay still.

"I am your girlfriend, y/n. The fact that you won't let me care for you is making me feel like I'm not a competent girlfriend."

"No, I'm sor-"

"No more sorry," she puts her finger on my mouth to stop me. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

"I just don't wanna be too clingy. I don't want to be your burden," I confess.

"You'll never be a burden," reassures Scarlett. She caresses my face with her thumb gently. My cold cheek burns when her thumb leaves a warm trail. I hold onto her hand and finally smile as the heavy bag in my heart drops.

"Remember, relationship goes both ways. You have always taken care of me from the start until now. So, now, you have to learn to sit back and relax because it's my turn to take care of you," says Scarlett.

"What if I annoy you?" I ask.

"You'll never annoy me. If you do, that'll be my pleasure because I'm safe for you to be annoying. So, please, annoy me as you will."

"I hope you're not kidding because I can be quite annoying," I giggle.

"I'll be delighted to get annoyed by my girlfriend," she says as she tousles with my hair.

"Will you get mad?" I ask, doe-eyed as I look at her.

"I won't get mad. I promise," Scarlett assures. "And you have to promise to not pretend everything's fine when it's definitely not and let me take care of you."

I nod aggressively. For the first time that day, she smiles. To be honest, her smile is the prettiest thing I have ever seen. Though the summer sun is undeniably hot, her smile can melt my heart in a mere second. In her sweet smile, it stores all the love I need.

"I'm gonna make you breakfast. Stay here. Wait till I come back," she kisses my forehead before getting out of the bed. This time, I chose to listen to her.

It feels so good to be loved. I love her so damn much.

-

A/N: idk if this is fluffy enough so ehh just bear with my pessimistic mind <3 vote and comment plsss love y'all