VII

"You look g-good tonight, Prince," Sakura said sweetly.

"Hn. Thanks."

Sakura waited for a moment, then cleared her throat, "Mind you, aren't you supposed to counter the compliment?"

"If I would then it would be a lie."

"How s-so?"

"You do not look that good tonight." Sasuke replied.

"E-excuse me?!?" Sakura exclaimed, her cheeks rosy.

Sasuke gave a quick eye roll, "Oh, save it. I do not have the time to deal with your attitude. Let us dance and get it over with."

'What a jerk, CHA!' Sakura said inside her head. 'But he sure is hot. Hehe!'

Naruto squinted at Sasuke and Sakura dancing, "Jeez! Sasuke just insulted that cutie! What a cold hearted bastard! Who does he think he is?"

"Well, he was nicer to me.." Temari said quietly. "Besides, he is good-looking.."

Shikamaru looked at her from under his lashes, "Troublesome woman.."

"Ooooh! Someone's jealous!" Choji snickered between bites of his scallops.

Temari blushed, "B-but I don't have any intention of being his.." She said lowly to Shikamaru. "Um, wanna dance?"

"What a pain...sure." Shikamaru shrugged, as she dragged him to the center of the room.

Sasuke continued to dance with Sakura, spinning her around feintly. He kept his hand at her mid waist, careful not to go too low or too high. Sure, she was kind of okay looking, but she wouldn't shut up. She kept blabbering and giggling every once in a while. Why was she happy? Why was she having so much fun? It didn't make sense to him. Too perky and cheerful; the exact opposite of the Uchiha Prince. He lost interest in her. He cut the dance short, and she thanked him quickly, then dashed off before saying,

"T-thanks for the o-oppurtunity!" Sakura cried, tears suddenly going down her eyes. "Goodbye!"

Sasuke wondered why she was crying. Was it something he had said earlier? Nope. He didn't say anything insulting, at least he thought he didn't. Oh well. That was the end of her. He didn't seem to mind. Naruto jogged up to Sasuke and slapped him upside the head.

"Hey! What the hell did you do to her?!?" he shouted.

"Nothing." Sasuke replied. "And don't touch me."

"You made her cry, bastard!" Naruto said before he left off to find her.

Sakura carief her skirts and dashed through the crowd. She didn't know where to go. She felt like killing herself! She had made a complete fool of herself in front of the Prince! Her reputation was lost! Now he wouldn't even think of looking at her! Her chances with the Uchiha Prince was gone. Gone. Just like that. Within minutes. She slapped her head several times until she found her sister Ino. Even she had found love, dancing slowly with a tall brunette.

Ino cracked both eyes open, and stared in horror at her sister, "Sakura!" She pushed back from Kiba and held Sakura into her arms, "What happened? Oh my gosh!"

Sakura didn't say anything. She wept quietly in her sister's chest. Kiba looked at Ino. Ino had to give up her date just to help her twin, but she couldn't just let him go like that.

"Sorry, I have to take this. Well dance another time." Ino pulled him from his collar, kissed him hard on the lips, then pulled away and continued to comfort Sakura.

Kiba stood there in shock, staring at the ground. He felt his lips and saw his fingers pink. Imagine how pink his lips would be after that kiss! He hurried past through the crowd and went back to Choji, fist bumping him.