Unexpected travel

Arnav's POV

Days are going so fine with Kushi's company. I never realized that I can be so jovial with someone. I thought I am always reserved and hence I have no friends but with Kushi I realized that I never met the right people. With right people like Kushi I will just hit it off like that. Of course it is another thing to find someone like Kushi. She is an unique piece. We can not find someone else like her forget her we cannot find even someone nearer to her.

After my birthday we really became so close friends. Our silly banters, our casual hugs, forehead kisses, pillow fights, she teaching me the basic cooking skills and cleaning the house our late night chatting, even silence feels comfortable with her. With her everything is fun. Days are going so smooth. By looking at us no one can believe that we are struck up in some floods.

Finally the rain has stopped two days back and water is slowly clearing up. Hopefully we will go back to normal in few days.

End of POV

Kushi came running to Arnav with a very huge smile on her face.

Arnav the roads are going to be cleared by day after tomorrow and guess what I got a ticket confirmed to my native place. I am very excited to see my amma after a long time. She is very worried because of me. She will be relieved only when she sees me in person. Wow I am so excited to go back to my home.

She was continuously chattering in her happy mood after dropping a Hiroshima bomb on my head.

How can she go just like that? How can I stay without her. In this 10 days she has become a part of my life. I got so accustomed to be in her company that the news of her departure is not settling well with me.

I just want to ask her to drop of her plans but how can I be so selfish? Especially to a girl like Kushi who has done so much to me selflessly without expecting anything in return?

So I just nodded my head and gave a weak smile to her. She always understood my unsaid words but why she can't sense my unhappiness today? May be in her excitement of going back home she cannot understand my inner turmoil.

Arnav, my roommate took my bags with her. I don't have any bags to pack my clothes can I borrow one of your bag? I will return it as soon as I come back.

Ho sorry, you also might travel back to your home right. So you also need the bag. That's okay I will manage.

No it's okay I am not going anywhere so you can take my bag, I told her.

Are you sure she asked and I just nodded yes

Okay thank you. Can I take the bag right now

After getting my affirmation she rushed to my room to retrieve the bag from one of the cupboards we have organized just a couple of days back.

I didn't even bother to go back after her as i couldn't digest the fact that she is leaving me and going soon. Though it might be only few days and will be coming back soon somehow I am not okay with it.

When I am immersed in my own thoughts she came out with a trolley suitcase and asked can she borrow it. I told her she need not to take permission from me and she can take whatever she wants.

I handed her one of the spare apartment keys to her and asked her to keep it with her.

This is your apartment as much as mine and you have all the rights on each and every thing here including me, you know what I mean- I whispered the last sentence in her ear with my lips almost touching her ear.

Her grip on my shoulders became strong showing the effect I have on her. Suddenly I have this strong urge to kiss her and I slowly dragged my lips from her ear to her cheek taking my own sweet time and pressed my lips strongly once my lips reached her cheek.

I will be missing her damn so much. I am myself surprised how I got attached to her in such a short time. Just the thought of her leaving me made me so vulnerable that I just hugged her with full force.

We just stood there hugging each other. Kushi started to caress my back which was very soothing to my heart.

She broke the hug to my displeasure but soon it was filled with so much of ecstasy as for the time time kushi initiated the kiss. Yes she kissed me back. She kissed on my cheek first and then on my forehead as if saying she will be back soon. We never need much words to convey our hearts. Somehow we both understand each other hearts without even opening our mouth.

I just decided to spend as much as time possible with her. So here I am laying in her lap once again which has become my favorite pastime since few days. She is just caressing my hair which is always soothing and explaining about her home town and people around there. Somehow her happiness is making me also happy thus reducing my sour mood.

After spending so much of time in my apartment we just left to her apartment to have dinner.

The next day went in a jiffy. Roads have already became clear and slowly people started coming out once again. Kushi's bus got confirmed and she is leaving to night.

She packed her luggage and I am surprised when is she going to come back as she packed one trolley suitcase and a small travel bag. Is she going to stay there for a longer time than I assumed? My heart is already sinking with just the thought of it but I had put a brave face infront of her.

If she gets even a slightest idea of me being not happy she might cancel the whole trip for my sake. She is so selfless and caring so I don't want to give her even a slightest idea of me being sad.

The time went so soon today that it's already time for her to leave for bus stand. I offered to drop her on my bike but she was like it would be difficult with the luggage on bike so she will book a cab.

Unfortunately my car got stuck in the show room before these floods and I didn't even bother to check with them.

I offered to come atleast until bus stand to drop her off and she was okay with it.

We both reached the bustand and we both got on to her bus and settled her luggage securely. We both were standing outside the bus and chatting, when the driver announced that they were about to start.

She just nodded her head like she will be going now and went inside the bus.

Once everyone got into the bus, the bus started and soon Kushi started her journey to her native place.