Chapter 2

[TRAVIS]

[TRAVIS]

"Heads up!" Sam screamed from the other end of the stall as a bag of potato chips flew across the air.

"Hey!" I said, catching it in reflex. Sam just stuck out her tongue and headed for the other stall.

"That girl is crazy," Jonah said, and I nodded in agreement as I stuffed the potato chips into the cart. The mall was a bit rowdy today, end of the week, and all.

"We still have to get some monsters and DR. Peppers," Sam said, brushing past us, her dark hair in a ponytail.

"I thought the get together was here in the mall!" Jonah protested, throwing his hand in the air, but Sam was already in the hallway, leaving the stall.

"Damn it, where's Jasper, Sky, and Tony when you need them," Jonah said messing with his buzz cut before proceeding to move the trolley.

"Somewhere in Walmart," I offered, stopping at a shelf to pick out some packs of tic-tacs.

"What are you doing?" Jonah asked, irritation building up in his voice.

"Um, shopping," I muttered, shrugging as Jonah rolled his eyes. I picked out about three packs of tic-tacs and a couple of packs of extra chewing gum, looking up over the stall I spotted a surprisingly familiar head of dark brown hair.

"Travis, dude are you buying that or not?" Jonah asked shaking my shoulder. I sort of blinked repeatedly before uttering a very confused 'huh?' Jonah rolled his eyes before snatching the gum pack from my hand before glancing over the stall.

"Is that Alexander?" Jonah asked, somewhat interested.

"I guess," I said, still gazing at the back of the maroon turtleneck sweater, the lion mane sort of hair hitting his shoulders as he stood on his toes to reach for something on the top shelf.

After a few minutes of staring aimlessly, Jonah nudged my shoulder wordlessly urging me to move.

"Come on, we have to catch up with the rest," he reasoned, pulling me lightly away from the shelf. I was about to follow suit before sighting some guy who walked up to Alex.

"Wait!" I said, shrugging Jonah's hand off my shoulder. I heard him groan behind me but I wasn't really interested in what he thought. Still watching Alexander through the shelf, I sort of took a breath intake as he turned, grinning at the guy approaching.

What?

Alex never smiled. Okay, maybe the occasional chuckle or laugh at your expense, but he never smiled.

I think I almost lost my eyeballs when this person put his fringing arm around Alex, and Alex just smiled looking down at the jar of peanut butter in his hand.

"Err, what are we watching?" Jonah asked, leaning in behind me.

"I don't know, a bunch of faggots?" I suggested scorn biting into my tone.