Chapter one

The members of Fire Department 118 were just chatting about the last dispatch when they were interrupted by an announcement of a new dispatch. Quickly, the members sprinted to their squad cars. While Bobby Nash, the station's chief of fire department, drove up in the chief's car, he already received the first important information from the control center, which he immediately passed on to his work colleagues by radio.

Accident between two cars. Three injured were confirmed. Two were assigned to the red category, one to the green category. First responders are on the scene and with their small fire extinguishers they already put the fire under control, which had developed on one of the cars. A light pallet had crashed down on one car and the occupants of that car were trapped.

Accidents between cars were not uncommon in Los Angeles. Every day, the 118 freighted at least one car accident. "Eddie you put out that fire right now please!" spoke Bobby when the squad arrived at the scene of the accident. Edmundo Diaz nodded and ran to lay his hose down as quickly as he could. "Buck take the spreader and try to get the people out of that car. Chimney, Hen stand by. Station 117 has been called in for backup. First, make sure we get them out of here alive. As soon as they get here, have them help. Albert, you look for the person who caused the accident, please!" The squad members nodded and, once assigned their task, ran off.

The fire was well controlled by the first responders, so it didn't take Eddie long to knock it out. While he was doing this, Buck was already using the shears to open the passenger door. This turned out to be quite difficult, as his door had been significantly dented by the car that caused the accident, and the light pole caused the car roof to sink in. After a while it was done and Henriette could take care of the man with Chimney. It didn't look good. His pulse was weak and glass fragments had pierced his skin.

While the first two patients were being cared for, Buck opened the driver's door with Chimney. She, like her passenger, was not conscious.She had more chance than bad luck, however, as far as shattered glass was concerned. Except for a few small bleeding wounds from the window explosion, she had been spared. However, the deployed airbag had probably broken two of her fingers and her nose, according to the first sign. Buck must admit that the woman he now placed in Chimney's care was a very beautiful woman. The woman's cell phone, which was in the small slot in front of the console, rang as Hen and Chimney lifted the young woman out of the car. She already had a stiffneck. She was probably doing better than her passenger.

Without further ado, Buck picked up the woman's cell phone, it had remained intact, and answered it. "Fire Department 118, this is Buck, who's this?" A woman's voice rang out. The person was visibly perplexed and confused. "What, what happened, how is Clarissa? Is she with them? She's our wedding planner and she should be with us by now!" the woman replied. "Sorry miss, but that won't be possible. There was a car accident. The woman is not conscious. I'm sorry to tell you, but I think you'll have to reschedule. I have to go now!" With those words, Evan Buckley hung up on the woman.

He grabbed the scissors and headed back to the truck. "Way to go guys!" shouted Bobby as the accident scene was cleared, the patients were all in better condition and loaded up. The guys packed all the materials back into the truck and headed back to headquarters. In the process, Buck had visibly forgotten one thing, the female victim's cell phone, he had it in his jacket pocket.