KJ's support

During work Kristina was not feeling well she felt pain and sluggish that she decided to go to the nurse for check up and then they took her bloodwork as she waited. As soon the results came, she was sent back home to NZ and went straight to the hospital to prepare for chemo treatments yep you read that right, both cancers came back. The hardest part was the week before Kristina's diagnosis came back, KJ's makeup artist Terri was sent home with the exact diagnosis and he has been strong for Terri. When Tessa called with Kristina's news, it broke him so he flew home.

Kristina was reading when KJ came in and it took all of him to not cry.

"Hey sis!"

Kristina smiled.

"Hi!"

He sat with her and said.

"What are you reading?"

Kristina said.

"Some poetry book."

She remembered KJ reading the poem shel Silverstein did in the light in the attic little Abigail and the beautiful pony many times as she grew up.

"Bro, will you read this?"

KJ took off his shoes and crawled in to snuggle and smiled at the title.

"Oh my goodness I definitely remember reading this poem with you."

He started.

"There was a girl named Abigail
Who was taking a drive
Through the country
With her parents
When she spied a beautiful sad-eyed
Grey and white pony.
And next to it was a sign
That said,
FOR SALE—CHEAP.
"Oh," said Abigail,
"May I have that pony?
May I please?"
And her parents said,
"No you may not."
And Abigail said,
"But I MUST have that pony."
And her parents said,
"Well, you can have a nice butter pecan
Ice cream cone when we get home."
And Abigail said,
"I don't want a butter pecan
Ice cream cone,
I WANT THAT PONY—
I MUST HAVE THAT PONY."
And her parents said,
"Be quiet and stop nagging—
You're not getting that pony."
And Abigail began to cry and said,
"If I don't get that pony I'll die."
And her parents said, "You won't die.
No child ever died yet from not getting a pony."
And Abigail felt so bad
That when she got home she went to bed,
And she couldn't eat,
And she couldn't sleep,
And her heart was broken,
And she DID die—
All because of a pony
That her parents wouldn't buy.
Authors Note:
(This is a good story
To read to your folks
When they won't buy
You something you want.)"

Kristina laugh and then yawn knowing that it was a long flight from Austin to NZ and the time zone was getting to her and KJ said.

"It ok go to sleep I am not leaving you."

She tucked out resting beside him and he fell asleep too.

When it was the seventh day of treatment KJ had pull all of the stops and the nurses were in on this. She was told to cover her eyes as she sit in the chair to start treatment.

"Ok."

So they had a TV set for Kristina and Laura said.

"Open!"

Kristina opens her eyes as she sees three barber chairs in her room: boy she was confused until she sees Ralph.

"Oh my goodness, Ralph."

She sees her parents and Arietta in the first three seats then Timena and Ralph buzzed their hair to support Kristina in solidarity. It continues through everyone. You name it: cast of Riverdale to her friends in the military to Chrissy, Annabelle. As she watches everyone she was moved to tears: now understanding Amanda's reaction after all these years.