Chapter 1

Zera Dreyar was less than a month away from her eleventh birthday when she disappeared. The world she was born into was dark and war-torn, but it did have its moments. She was a proud member of Fairy Tail's next generation. In fact, her dad was the ninth master of the guild. She was the daughter of Laxus and Mirajane, two of the most powerful wizards in Fairy Tail. While Fairy Tail was still as family focused as always, the kids born in the last thirteen years were forced to grow up rather quickly. They were at War with Zeref, his demons, and Alvarez. The war had started nine years ago, and it hasn't stopped since.

While Zera couldn't do much, though she did have very strong magic, she did help as much as she could. Her mom was very protective of her and she got very twitchy if she got anywhere close to the battlefield. So, to help where she could Zera dedicated her free time to watching all of the kids younger than her. She was the third oldest of her group, the only ones older than her were Liam and Fay. Fay was three years older than her, but she had decided to start fighting back against Zeref. Fay was her cousin as she was the daughter of Uncle Elfman and Aunt Evergreen. She took fighting the enemy seriously, but when she was out of battle, she was rather mean and bitchy. Very much full of herself. Liam was six months older than her and was the son of Gajeel and Levy. Liam was her best friend and he spent most of his time training his magic. He was extremely eager to start helping in the war, as was she. She spent a good amount of time training herself, but not nearly as much as her best friend. Their whole group was pretty big and it was sometimes a struggle keeping control of everyone. Including herself and Liam, not counting Fay, there were seventeen of them. Ages ranged from eleven to two-years-old. Plus, Aunt Erza and Aunt Lucy were both pregnant again.

Her job of protecting the kids was the main cause of her disappearance. She had recruited some of her older charges to help entertain the younger ones as there was no way she could entertain them all on her own. That was when the alarms started blaring, their hideout was compromised. She spread out the younger ones, who couldn't run by themselves, to the older ones and led the way to the secret exit to make their way to the nearest safehouse. It was all going well until one of Zeref's newest humanoid demons cornered them. Nobody knew what the demon's powers truly were. She worked with black beams that caused a lot of pain, but at times she would shoot out black spheres that would suck people into them. Those people were never seen from again, nobody knew if those people were alive or not. She had seen Uncle Jet get hit by one a year ago and nobody had seen him since.

She had screamed out a telepathic SOS to Warren and had sighed in relief when she heard an instantaneous reply. Mest teleported to them and started getting the kids somewhere safe. He could only take a few with him at a time so Liam and herself were doing their best to distract the demon. They had a good system from practicing with each other all the time and were playing a version of tag and keep away. They were almost in the clear when Zera saw something that made her eyes go wide in horror. One of those strange black spheres was heading straight towards Igneel, Natsu and Lucy's second child. Zera's body moved without thinking. She rushed to Igneel and practically body slammed him out of the way. Now Zera wasn't in the best shape to begin with, from her brief fight with the much stronger demon. She also had a slash on her arm that held her guild mark that was a few days old, but she could tell that it had re-opened as the bandages felt wet. She had trained really hard this morning as well, so she had gone into the battle not at full strength. As the sphere of magic made contact with her, however, it felt like every nerve in her body was being stabbed. As she started getting sucked into the black void, she felt her partner Bix collide into her stomach to stick close to her. She unconsciously was grateful to him; he had been with her as long as she could remember. She grabbed hold of him as best as she could, she really didn't want to get separated from him if this sphere thing didn't kill her outright. Right before she disappeared into the blackness, she heard many people calling out to her desperately. Her only thought was, "Sorry Mommy, sorry Daddy." And then she was gone. Zera Dreyar was officially marked as MIA.