𝟗| 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐬

CHAPTER NINE:

DEFEATING THE HUNS

IN THE CITY, a huge parade was going on as the soldiers made their way through, everyone cheering for them

IN THE CITY, a huge parade was going on as the soldiers made their way through, everyone cheering for them. Shang sat on his horse in the front, Chien-Po, Yao, Ling and Milan behind him. In front of all of them, Chi-Fu sat on his horse as he waved at everyone with a pleased expression, thinking everyone was cheering for him.

The five soldiers held sad faces, especially Milan. He couldn't stop thinking about Y/n. He shouldn't have left her. In the crowd, Y/n rode up on her horse, causing a few people to stare at her but she ignores them as she spots Milan and Shang, riding up to them.

"Milan! Shang!" Y/n calls.

"Y/n?" Milan whispers.

"The Huns are alive! They're in the city!" Y/n warns.

"You don't belong here, Y/n. Go home." Shang demands, looking forward.

"I saw them in the mountains. You have to believe me." Y/n continues.

"Why should I?" Shang asks, glancing back at Milan. "Why should he?"

With narrowed eyes, she stops in front of him, making him stop. "Why else would I come back?" The girl glances between the captain and the boy she loves, who stood with the others. "You and Milan said you'd trust Ping. Why is Y/n any different?"

Shang doesn't respond as he rides past her on his horse, the four soldiers and the others following after him. Chien-Po, Yao, Ling and Milan all stared up at her.

"Keep your eyes open. I know they're here." Y/n informs.

The girl rides off, soon stopping and mounting off her horse just as fireworks go off in the sky, everyone in the city cheering loudly.

"Now, where are you going?" Mushu questions.

"To find someone who will believe me." Y/n replies.

With that, the girl continues her way towards the palace. Meanwhile, Shang stopped in front of the Emperor, holding a sword with Chi-Fu beside him as Milan, Yao, Ling and Chien-Po were just a few steps down from them while the music stops.

"My children, heaven smiles down upon the Middle Kingdom. China will sleep safely tonight. Thanks to our brave warriors." The Emperor tells everyone, the whole crowd cheering.

In the crowd, Y/n tried warning at least two men about the Huns, however, they had shrugged her hands off of them, glaring at her before they walked off.

"No one will listen." Y/n says to Mushu.

"Huh? Oh, I'm sorry. Did you say something?" Mushu asks.

Y/n narrows her eyes on him. "Mushu."