Chapter 21

I have been running for hours on end without stopping. 'I'm hungry', Tundra whines. 'Don't worry, we're almost there.' She whines but doesn't say anything else. 

We've been off the Black Stone pack land for at least four hours. Lia hasn't stopped bitching at me, telling me to go back to our mate, since then. I gently set Tundra down in between two trees that reminds me of a little fort. 'Stay here until I same to come out', she nods her head and plops herself down. 

I quickly shift into my human form, thankful my clothes didn't shred, and slowly approach the cabin my friend, Elizabeth,  has lived in for as long as I can remember.  I knock on the door and a little girl opens the door. "Who are you?" She asks and I smile. 

"I'm your moms friend, Rose." The little girl, who is a spitting image of her mother, giggles. "Mommy said you'd be coming by." She turns around, "Mommy! You're friend is here!" A women with long, natural red hair, amber colored eyes and a sharp jaw line emerges from one of the doorways. 

"I thought you'd be coming by," Elizabeth says as she gives me a tight little hug. Elizabeth is a witch and has the ability to see moments from the future, mainly a persons decision and the outcome their choice will have. I first met Elizabeth when I was residing on Ruby Blood pack territory, that was about five years ago.

I smile and turn towards the direction Tundra is hiding. "You can come out, diva!" I holler and she slowly stalks towards me. Tundra slowly walks towards me and nudges my elbow with her snout, letting out a quiet whine. 

'How do I shift back?' I smile. 

'You have to relax, first. Take a couple deep breathes and focus and shifting back to your original form, with clothes.' I add and she nods her head. Tundras wolf takes several deep, long breathes and the sound of cracking bones is heard for a split second. 

"I did it!" A very cheerful, fully clothed, Tundra says as she begins to jump up and down. She throws her arms around me tightly. "Thank you, aunt Rose." 

"Welcome, Diva." Tundra lets go of me and looks at the little girl standing besides Elizabeth. "Hi, I'm Tundra." She says as she offers her hand. 

"Nice to meet you," the little girl says as she shakes hands. "I'm Tina." 

****

Elizabeth and I talked for hours on end, while Tina and Tundra played. Tina, as it turns out, is Elizabeth's eight year old daughter. Her father is Beth's douche bag ex-boyfriend whom was a big cock sucking bastard, Hunter. 

I've never meet Hunter but I swore that i'd beat his ass if i ever saw him for beating Elizabeth while she was pregnant. I told Beth about everything that's happened with Diego and James from when I first arrived to now. 

"Mommy?" Tina asks. "What's for dinner?" 

"Can Tundra have pizza?" Beth asks me and I nod. "She fucking loves it." Beth smiles and turns back towards her kid. 

"Pizza and mum's famous cheesy bread." Tina smiles and runs back to her room, excitedly  telling Tundra what's for dinner.  "She's super cute," I say after Beth has ordered dinner, not letting me pay at all. Asshole

Beth smiles. "Yes, she is. She's a little shit sometimes but I love her. " Beth pulls out some already prepared dough and other things. She hands me a can of Coke and I happily pop it open. "Speaking of little shits, when's the baby shower?" I choke on my coke and look at her beyond confused. 

"What? We haven't even fucked yet, Beth!" I say after I regain my breath. Elizabeth gives me a puzzled glance. "Oh," She says simply like it's no big deal. 

"No, not 'Oh! What the hell are you talking about?" Beth just smiles at me and continues baking.

I mumble curse words under my breathe and Elizabeth chuckles. The doorbell rings and the girls yell 'I'll get it!' at the same time. I listen to their footsteps race down the hall towards the door, which swings open greedily.

"You're not the pizza man," Tina whispers and Beth and I both whip our heads up. "Uncle Diego!" Tundra says excitedly.

I look at Beth with wide eyes and she mouths 'Stay here' as she calmly walks out to the front room.

"Hi, can I help you?" Elizabeth asks softly. 'Witch' I hear Diego mutter under his breath.

"I'm Alpha Diego of the Blackstone pack. I'm looking for my mate, Rosie. Have you seen her?"

"Yes, a couple hours ago." She says without skipping a beat. "She dropped this little angel, Tundra, off a couple hours ago claiming she needed to go hunt before something bad happened."

A low, quiet growl erupts from Diego and I shiver. "If she left a couple hours ago, why is her scent fresh?"

I slowly walk towards the back door, and peak through the glass. This motherfucker has the house surrounded by his men. Asshole.

"I wouldn't do that sir," Tina says sweetly.

"Do what kid?" Before she can reply, I listen as a loud thud hits the porch and Diego groans.

"That's why. Mommy has a special spell on the house," Tina says as she giggles. Diego sighs sadly. "Fine, but can you at least tell me if she's okay? There was a misunderstanding back at the pack and I want to sort it out with her, please."

"I'm fine, now tell your lapdogs to stop fucking the squirrels!" I holler from where I'm standing and he chuckles.

"Love, will you please come out? I wish to speak with you." I bite my tongue to keep from saying a smart ass remark.

"Uh, excuse me?" An unfamiliar voice says. "Did one of you order pizza?"

"That would be me," Elizabeth says. I slowly walk towards the front room and eye Diego suspiciously.

"Sure, I'll talk....After I finish eating." I quickly slam the door shut. Food first, always.