seven

"Let the winds of heaven
Blow through the paths among the clouds
And close their-"

"Please shut up for a moment, Kazuha." You held a hand in front of said young ronin, and stared ahead of you at the entrance to the resistance camp.

A huff left Kazuha's lips, but he chuckled right after and looked at you, "Aww, you don't enjoy my musings?" He questioned as he started walking forward, with you following closely behind. You knew he was teasingly pouting, even though you weren't looking at him. But being stuck with Kazuha (not that you were complaining) for the past few days, you'd say you got used to what he acts like. 

Thankfully, you managed to reach the resistance camp just a few hours after leaving Hiboki Village, and the only obstacles that hindered your journey were a few wandering samurais and hilichurls that your vermilion-eyed companion took care of, completely ignoring your objections and willingness to fight alongside him.

"Oh no, I enjoy them, really." You awkwardly chuckled. Kazuha's musings and haikus were the only thing entertaining you on your short trip from Inazuma City to Sangonomiya's resistance camp
"But we've finally reached the camp, so..." You paused. "I'm worried that they might not let me in, though."

You felt a bandaged hand on your shoulder, and you looked at your red-eyed companion who gave you a warm, pretty smile. "Not to worry, my dear companion. The general is my friend, he'll understand when you explain everything to him." He spoke calmly, his raspy but comforting voice making you feel more at ease.

Ah, yes... The resistance's general. The adorable doggy general. He's so fluffy, you thought. You wondered what his tail would feel like if you were to touch it, but you pushed those weird thoughts aside for now.

"Thank you." You told him, nodding your head and offering a smile in return. He gave you a reassuring squeeze on your shoulder then let go, and he started walking forward, motioning for you to follow him.

As you two neared the entrance, the two resistance soldiers guarding it seemed to recognize Kazuha and they gave him a nod, but once they noticed your charred and torn Shogunate outfit, they gripped their polearms and stepped in front of you.

"You're wearing the Shogunate outfit." You almost snorted once one of them said the most obvious thing in the world, but you decided to not say anything.

You weren't sure of what you should do, and with a frown on your face, you turned to look at Kazuha who still had a small smile on his face and held his arm in the air in front of you, as if to guard you from the soldiers. "No need to worry, this is a dear friend of mine," you doubted that he was being serious though, he just needed to say anything to let you in. "They're not a threat, trust me. (Y/n) here just needs medical help." He continued, his eyes trailing to your burnt arm and your palm that was bandaged with bloody fabric.

The soldiers still seemed skeptical, but their holds on their polearms loosened and they nodded their heads, their stern-looking eyes still not leaving you. "Alright, Kaedehara... But if this person causes any trouble, we'll not hesitate to get rid of them." You didn't want to question what methods they'll use to get rid of you, but you felt like letting out a sigh of relief once you realized how easily they got persuaded. Maybe they trust Kazuha too much, or maybe it's just his charm. He was quite charming, you thought.

"Don't worry, you can trust me as I said. Thank you." At this point, you couldn't tell if he was genuinely smiling or faking it just to get you both inside the camp.

The young ronin took your uninjured hand in his and led you inside the camp. Normally, you'd object to him holding your hand like that, but at the moment you were just glad you were about to get rid of your burnt clothes and your dirty bandages. Plus, you wouldn't admit it, but his hand was warm and comforting.