Prologue

Flashback

I saw a few kids playing on the playground together, "Hello, I'm Anne (You), Do you want to play with me and my dolls?" I asked the girls as I offered the barbie doll I was holding.

"Ew! Leave, you play with dolls, we don't play with barbies, only little kids play with barbies!" the girl screamed. She took the barbie I was offering her and hurled it to the ground.

"I-I'm sorry" I stuttered.

"You better!" They pushed me into the hard ground with a thud and was seconds away to kicking me hard in the stomach.

I closed my eyes and braced myself for the blow, but it never came.

When I opened one of my eyes, I saw a tall figure standing protectively in front of me.

"LEAVE!" The tall figure yelled.

I couldn't identify who it was because the individual had their back to me. After the three girls had fled, the figure turned around and gave me a hand.

"C'mon, Let me help you."

It's a female. A beautiful girl who seemed to be in her late teens or early twenties. "I'm ... , nice to meet you."

"A-Anne," That was the only thing that came out of my mouth. I was nervous of course.

She took my hand in hers and led me to a nearby seat. We discussed a variety of topics. We hit it off right away and were fast friends. She was a lovely young lady, and my assumption were correct; she was 17 at the time.

I have a tendency to believe that I speak too much, therefore I would occasionally pause in the middle of a conversation. But she always reassured me by, 'Continue,' or 'It's okay,' and a smile always trails behind those words each time she said it.

We were leaning on one another under a large tree at one meeting. I'm not sure what kind of tree it was, but I recall it being enormous.

"You will never leave me right?" I asked.

"Of course not," she reassured me, "I will always be here."

I gave her a long warm smile, and pulled her into my embrace. "Promise?" I mumbled.

"Promise love."

We stayed in that position for an hour or so before we both fell into a deep sleep.

From a few days, to months, to even a year of us hanging out with each other. We hang out EVERYDAY. like anytime of the day at this point. She was my bestfriend, the only person who accepts me for who I am.

Everything was going great, until she started acting 'job' as she would like to portray it. She was prohibited to tell me what she was filming or anything that has anything to do with her acting.

She told me she wanted to do acting for quite some time now. I was of course happy for her. I supported everything that she did but.. as a result, we don't get to play or hang out as much as we used to.

I was growing older through those years with her. I tried to learn to be understanding of her predicament. It was hard, since I still often get bullied in school and she couldn't be there for most of the time.

From meeting everyday, to three times a week, to once a week, to once every few weeks. We were drifting apart as a result of her acting commitments.

One day, I was seated in the playground seating area that's located in the middle of a big field, the exact location where we would meet. She arrived late, like two hours after our scheduled arrival time.

But that didn't matter to me; as long as she arrived safely, that was all that mattered. She appeared to be upset this time, which I had never seen before.

It's not the kind of upset expression that people have when they've just broken up or something like that; rather, it's the kind of upset that people have after they've received bad news.

"Is everything okay?" I asked as I approached her.

She didn't say a word, she put her gaze on the ground, not wanting me to see her. A tear fall into her beautiful porcelain white cheeks. She was slightly taller than me but not that much. I cupped her face in my hands wiping the tears that escaped.

"What's wrong?" I was perplexed when I observed her sad countenance.

"I had to leave," She stated.

"W-what? What do you mean?" I kind of already had a clue on what she meant, but I had to make sure.

"My acting career is taking off, and I had to move out of here, and start my life on a city," She spoke, as her tears were streaming.

"B-but you promise- YOU PROMISED YOU WON'T LEAVE ME!" I yelled out in frustration.

Everyone in my life entered and leave me to suffer, she was the only one I have left. I can't afford losing her too.

My vision was blurry because of the tears i've been holding in.

'I KNOW- I know. It's hard for me too, but I have no choice," She muttered under her breath.

Losing her was like losing the most important piece of my heart. She was apart of me and she's ripping it out.

"I have to go," she said, brushing away her tears and turning away to depart. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back.

"Will we meet again..?" I murmured. I put my sight into the ground, afraid of what she will say.

"On the 32nd," She simply replied, not even turning back around.

My grip on her hand was starting to loosen. I had let go of her hand by this point. Then I started to think- What does she mean?

"What do you mean on the 3-" I looked up from the ground, "-2nd."

She was no where to be seen. I stared into the big empty field, there was no place she could turn around or dissapear out of my sight that quickly. I scanned everywhere, but she's not there.

~~~

A/N HERE!

Okay- this has been an idea of mine for quite some time. This idea popped into my mind while listening to 'Heather' by Conan Gray on the car radio. Let me know what you think about this! <33