13. Ye raatein ye mausam

Here's the next chapter, a day earlier than promised. 😎 and yeah, listen to the song I added, its so soothing as well as suits arshi so much ❤ (Adding sanam puri's but you can listen OG too)

--*--

When Aman left from his cabin, Arnav was still lost in his thoughts. Was he doing right by having someone check on Khushi? His own wife? A girl he was almost involved in a scandal with, a girl he persuaded to marry him, a girl he promised his nani that he will make his marriage work with? Why was he feeling as if he was missing something? It was like one moment he could see her as a completely innocent woman who could never even hurt an insect and the next moment, he could see her in an extremely smart avatar who knew her game!

It was a difficult situation like he was stuck in between a rock and a hard place!

Frustrated, he was about to shut his laptop when that day's date caught his attention. it was 1 month anniversary of his marriage to Khushi!

--*--

"You got what you need to do right Khushi?" Shyam asked for the umpteenth time irritating her

"How many times am I going to say this, I won't repeat my mistakes again Shyam ji. I know what I need to do. Tomorrow Mr. Mittal is invited for dinner at our house, I will ensure to leave subtle hints of being abused in my marriage. And if we are not wrong, that should be enough to spark the fire"

"Its just that I am worried for you Khushi. If it were in my hands, I would have done this myself but-"

"you are already helping in the background shyam ji. From introducing me to him to saving me from the mess I created every time, you have been saving me. Don't worry, I wont let our efforts go in vain"

"You don't understand Khushi. That family is dangerous. They killed my father in cold blood, who was so loyal to them. They spare no one"

"Shyam ji, its been 2 months we are working together but you never mentioned what really happened to your father. If you are comfortable, batayiye na kya hua tha unke sath?"

He gave her a sad smile

"its not that I wanted to hide it from you Khushi. But its not really a merry tale to share. My father was my only family, he was my God. But his God was Arvind malik! He even covered up that bastard's illicit affair from his family and media."

"how do you know all this?" Khushi was shocked

"from his diary! He was the one who introduced that girl to Arvind Malik, the girl I later came to know was your amma. My father regretted having helped his boss ruin 2 women's lives. And when he confronted that man to confess this to his wife, that coward refused. My father could not live with the guilt and that guilt killed him"

"Did he-" khushi asked fearing the worst

"suicide? No. my father wasn't someone who ran away from situations like that, he also knew he had me to look after. But eventually his heart gave up. He died from a heart attack, orphaning me at the age of 15. And that's when I found his dairy. He has written on how many instances he had fights with Arvind malik but every time he refused to give up his affair or to tell his wife about it and free her. And he kept silencing my father everytime, scaring him that he will stop funding my education. We unfortunately were in huge debt already and job at Malik-Raizada's is what had kept us going. The final blow was when Arvind malik and his wife died of suicide. My father kept blaming himself for not doing enough to save their lives. Soon after he lost his job as Arvind malik's brother fired him. That automatically stopped my education funds too. My father could not take all this and had a massive heart attack. We paid the price for something we had not really done. and that is why I hate that family." Shyam said gritting his teeth