1. Her Unspoken Grief

It was past dinner time in Dwarka. All the citizens of Dwaravati had got back to their homes before bed time. The streets were luminated with various bright lamp posts to show a narrow pathway for the people to walk in. The markets and other storehouses were closed during that time.

In the centre of the place stood the mighty Dwarka Palace built by Mayasur and decorated with each and every precious yet sparkling gems and stones found all over Aryavart. The grand estancia illuminated and looked brighter under the moon lit sky.

At the dining table, the Yadav family had got together to sit down to have their dinner. Maharaj Ugrasen was discussing politics and other matters of kingdoms with Kritavarma, Vasudev kept himself busy reading various scrolls offered to him by different kingdomskingdoms of the South, Baldau got himself enganged in talks with his mother Rohini eating rotis. Krishna was eating his favorite makhan being fed by his mother Devaki. The Astabharyas and Revati were serving various types of beverages and other foods. All the family were present there except the Dwarka princess Subhadra.

" Where is Chitra dear? She is nowhere to be seen or heard? " said Vasudev while his eyes searching for his beloved daughter. " " She must be in the Royal garden feeding sparrows and pigeons " said Baldau munching on the chappthis. " But she is not in the garden Arya. I am coming from the garden collecting Parijat flowers for Mahadev's pooja." said Revati looking at her husband. " Did she venture out of the palace at this odd hour? " Asked the eldest among the Yadavas.

" Absolutely not Matamah! She always informs us before and goes out of the palace " Rohini answered in a mild tone while her face showing sadness for her missing daughter.

" Strange, have you seen where did Ruchi had gone, Kanha ? " Devaki asked turning her head to Krishna who was stuffing makhan in his mouth.

Before he could answer, they heard the jingling of sounds through the dining hall. There she came the youngest doll of Dwarka who was loved and cherished by all. The ever so beautiful and charming princess was now a mother of two kids ( Abhimanyu and Bhargavi).

She slowly paced into the dining hall wearing apricot coloured lehenga with a coral coloured duppatta hung on the either side. Her ever so soft and curly hair were tied in a messy bun with only few strands of hair brushing her face. But the look on her face was strange, as it showed sadness.

" Was she crying!? " thought Revati with suspicion as she noticed fresh tears running down from Maya's coal black eyes like a waterfall. Subhadra sat between Krishna and Balram, wiping her eyes with the ends of her duppatta to hide her emotions.

The room became utter silent after she sat down to eat. Silence prevailed in the hall as no one talked any word or spoke any sentence.

Everyone began to stare at her waiting to find out the reason behind her sadness. Then Devaki enquired her, " Subhadra, are you all right? You seem so dull and sad today". " Oh, no Choti Maa, it's nothing like that. It's just I am tired. " answered Subhadra in a whispering sweet tone.

" But Chitra, look at you, you were not present in today's Mahadev's pooja. You are not the chirpy bird anymore who would spread happiness in Dwarka as well as in Indraprasth. It's been 5 years since the Pandavas had gone for exile along with their common wife Draupadi, but after you came from Indeaprasth, you look almost sad and dejected as if someone had slapped you in a bad manner. Is their anything bother you my dear grandchild?! " Said Maharaj Ugrasen taking a sip of his almond milk from the copper glass.

Subhadra shook her head sideways, " I have decided to be strong for my Arya, my Pandav Bhratas and for my Jijis. Nothing in the world can bother me when I have the support of my Bhrata Baldau and Kanha bhaiya. But still I am missing something which is not explainable, inside my heart. It's like I am drowning in the river without being pulled up by anyone's support. I don't know why I am feeling like that. " Said Poorna giving a watery chuckle.

Krishna surely read Subhadra 's mind, but decided to keep quiet. Vasudev scrutinized further, " Maya, look here you know we are always there for you. You are the doll of Dwarka and. Your happiness is our happiness. Your sadness is our sadness too. We can't bear to see you suffer like this. Tell us what is bothering you, and we will try to help and heal it. "

" No Pitashree, it's not necessary. I... I can't and I don't want to trouble you enough. This is my pain which I am sacrificing in silence and I would like to maintain in that way for these coming 7 years. And after that my heart shall set at ease. I don't need anyone's help. I can mend my broken heart myself. " Answered Subhadra in an anguished voice spoken with grief and with utmost gloomyness which no one could figure out the reason except her brother Krishna.

" But Rochana... You " as Baldau was to enquire further, Dwarka Ratna interrupted him. " I had told you already Dau Bhrata that I am fine, I am okay. See, I am happy now."

Everyone didn't believe her words as they doubted her over her speeches the way she covers up so easily. " I think I should go and sleep. My dear children Abhimanyu and Bargavi has already slept. So I have to close my eyes too. Good night everyone. See you tomorrow " Whispered Subhadra as she got up from her place and strode towards the corridors of the palace that connected a suite of lavish and luxurious bedrooms.

Vasudev looked at his beloved first wife Revati for help. She smiled at her husband and assured him, " I will go to her room and see her. And I think she will need her mother in this situation. "

Then Krishna piped in, " Not thinking Jyesth Mata, she definitely needs you" his expression giving a mysterious answer to what her means.

" Then it's fine. " signed Rohini and walked towards Subhadra's chamber.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Hello everyone! It's so good to be back once again. I have come up with a new book and I really hope you will enjoy it too! Please do vote and comment if you liked the chapter.

Thank you.