Arcadia Home Sweet Home

"Aja! Wake up!" Krel exclaimed, shaking Aja. "We're here!"

"Wha---" Aja mumbled groggily.

"We're approximately one mekron away from landing on Earth," Mother said, hoving overhead.

"Lively!" Aja grinned, jumping out of the chair she had fallen asleep in. "Come on, Luug!"

"Where are we landing?" Krel asked, walking into the control room.

"Same place as last time!" Vex responded.

"The whole thing with you all having memories of an alternate future is still incredibly confusing to me," Zadra mumbled.

"When we find Jim, he'll explain everything," Aja comforted, holding Luug in her arms. "Better than we can, at least."

"We're not going to crash this time, right?" Krel asked nervously. "I really don't want to lose the Daxial Array. Again."

"The mother ship will not be crashing. This ship's landing gear is not damaged, unlike last time," Vex replied.

"Phew," Aja sighed.

The first view of Arcadia came into view as the ship slowly landed towards the ground. While the stars shining in the night were fewer than Akiridion-5, it was no less beautiful. The ship thud as it hit Earth, and Aja and Krel cheered.

"Woo! We didn't explode!" Aja celebrated.

"Of course not!" Vex responded. "Not with Varvatos Vex at the helm!"

"And yet, we're still alive," Krel snickered.

All three shared a laugh.

"Mother," Vex called out. "Please use the camouflage matrix."

"Complying," Mother responded. "I have chosen the model based on the planet's primitive transmissions. They broadcast at sub-light speed, so they're bound to be rather old."

"No worries," Krel smiled. "Also, use the camouflage matrix on the inside of the ship."

Their surroundings melted away and reformed to become the house Aja, Krel, and Vex all remember fondly. Luug ran around happily.

"This place," Zadra said, looking around. "It's familiar."

"Interesting," Krel noted. "Mother, what time is it on Earth?"

"It is approximately eleven thirty-two at night," Mother responded.

"Mother, put up shields," Vex commanded.

"Complying."

"There, the house is protected," Vex smiled.

"Do you think Jim will be awake?" Aja asked.

"Only one way to find out," Krel shrugged, pulling out his serator and allowing the transduction to wash over himself. "I could use some fresh air anyways. Wanna come?"

"Of course!" Aja grinned, also switching to her human disguise. "Vex, Zadra, are you coming?"

"Varvatos Vex would like to recline in his favorite chair," Vex sighed, reclining back into the chair and turning on the TV.

"I don't have one of those transductions," Zadra pointed out. "And besides, I don't care for that sort of stuff. I like my form."

"Alright then," Krel smiled. "We won't be very long."

"Stay inside, Luug," Aja said, petting Luug before following Krel out the door.

Aja and Krel stepped outside their house and just listened to the ambiance of Arcadia. Krel deeply inhaled and smiled happily.