Dance

Gabrielle POV:

I've been here for a week now. Fortunately, my father is finally gone.
I like the city very much, it is beautiful but I didn't know anyone so it is also quite boring.

That's why I am going to a little dance studio near my apartment. I've always loved to dance and I want to do better for my performances so here I am.
Maybe I will make some friends.

In either case, I also decide to perform here to.
Well I still have to find a place but chill, we will do it.

I arrived at the studio some time later. The walk only takes 15 minutes so it's pretty cool.

I push the door 3 times before realizing that I have to shoot it.
I'm glad no one is here right now.
So I entered the office and walked over to the lady behind the counter.
"Hi, how can I help you?" she said kindly. Super she looks nice. "Hey, are you doing beginner dance lessons?" I asked looking at the floor which looks very interesting right now. "Yes, we do. How old are you ? »She asks" I am 15 years old "I answer.
"Oh, where are your parents?" She asks confused "Not here"

ok i just wanted to say 'can't you see them? They're right behind me' but as sarcastic as I am, I'm still a shy ass.

She doesn't ask any further questions about it but gives me a paper for the parents so they can sign. "Can you send me that by email please, because my parents are really not there like, they are in France so ..."
She looks at me surprised then says to me "but you are alone? Who take care of you ?"
"They're just in France for the holidays but they're with me the rest of the time." She doesn't have to know everything.
"Oh ok. So just give me your email please. Class starts tomorrow, so Saturday, for beginners." She said.
"Ok thank you. Have a nice day," I said as I walked out of the building. It's awesome! I always wanted to dance.

Now I just have to go see the club that I saw on my phone. It was also close to my house but in the other direction.

Sunday

I was in the dance building waiting for class to start.
They asked me to come a little before the start of class so that I could give the parents' paper and meet the teacher.
I'm actually waiting for it. They just told me he's a man and that's it. Oh and also his name is Justin.

The door opened a moment later.
"Hi" I heard a voice say "hi" I respond by turning to the voice.
When I saw it was Justin like, Alyssa Edwards my world came to a halt. Okay, I won't let anyone see it but I was mentally gagging.

"So are you the new student, Gabrielle?" He said, mispronouncing my name.
I smile and say "Yeah but please call me Gab or Gabi. You're Justin right?" I don't know where this confidence comes from but I like it.
"It's great because I really can't pronounce your name. And yes I'm Justin" he laughs then adds "I told you to come early because I need to ask you a few questions and test your flexibility, your strength, and also take your height and your weight " he said.
" Do you really need all of this? " I replied "Yes, this is important. We start with your flexibility"

I'm glad we're starting by this point because it's clearly easy for me to be flexible. You know ... hyper laxity...

"Can you do at least one split?" He asked "I can do them all" I reply
"show me please" Justin said.

I do the three splits then I get back to my feet. I told him "I have hyper laxity so I'm very flexible but my articulation can be a little bit weak sometimes" I said "oh okay. Does it affect all of your joints?" He asked me "yes" I answer.
"I won't test your flexibility because we don't need it anymore but just be careful please."  he finally said "I will".

"So now we go to the strength, cardio part"
Damn, he's got energy.

I do all the things he tells me to do. And I'm really happy to do drag at the moment because thanks of that I didn't make a fool of myself in front of him. (yes drag is sport)

"You're good at sport! Congrats kiddo" he high five me "Now I have to ask you some questions"
"Go for it" I reply

-Justin: First of all, how old are you?
-I am 15.
-Justin: Well this question is more for older people, but are you working?
-In France I was working two days a week and almost every day during the holiday but now I am still waiting for an answer to know If I can work.
-Justin: Seriously? What kind of work do you do ? You are very young to work.
-Yes but I enjoy my work. I just do some small stuff.
-Justin: Pretty cool, but can you leave your job if we have to go to another city for a competition or things like that?
-Yes I can.
-Justin: Awesome! And do you know how to do things that could be useful for shows?
-I think that I can do makeup.
-Justin: We will see this because we really need help with this part. And the last two questions what is your height and weight?
- 1 meter 56 and 37 kilograms.
-Justin: What?!
-Sorry I don't know that with your mesure.
-Justin: Our what?

I search on google

-Oh 5"1.42 for the height and 81.57 for the weight
-Justin: You are very light.
-Well it's just my body I guess.
-Justin: Okay, you can go get changed, the others should be arriving soon.
-Uhm I am ready.
-Justin: Do you practice with long sleeves and jogging?
-Yeah, it's cold here.
-Justin: Okay...

Time has passed and now there are a lot of people in this room. Okay, just 10 but it's still a lot.
They were all talking to each other when Justin clapped his hands. "Please ladies come here" we all go past Justin.
"We have a new girl, please Gab come over here" I'm going to him "Can you please introduce yourself" he asked.
"Hi, my name is Gabrielle but you can call me Gab or Gabi. I'm 15 and this is my first dance class ever" I said to the other girls
"Thank you. So everyone please be nice. Gab, you can go with the other girls." I come back in front of him.

We start practicing and Justin was really nice to me but the other girls and the moms was looking at me so badly. I have to admit I was a little uncomfortable with them.

The practice ends and one of the girl ask why I was here.
She said I was a burden and they was better without me.
The other girls and the mom agreed and I see Justin turning red.
"You don't have the right to say that. She's here just like you. Gab is so talented and we're lucky to have her now; she brings something different like you all do" he said to the girl.
this was nice but honestly I don't care. I'm used to it.

Apparently, Justin have a big influence here because everyone is silent.
He then said that we could leave so I walk out of the classroom and check my mail to see if I can work.
I miss performing so I thought about it all morning.

I sit down and open my email then I hear someone coming towards me. I look up to see it's justin.
"I'm really sorry for what they told you. It might take a little while before they accept you," he said.
"oh don't worry. That's okay" I said
"Never say it's okay if someone treats you like that; you deserve respect" Justin answers me.
"Thanks, you're nice."
We talk a little bit longer before I go back to my appartement.

There I realize that I did not take the time to see the response from the night club.
I opened my phone to see...