Chapter 9

Time is passing by at an alarming rate, and the semester is about to end in a blink of an eye. The weather was getting cold and Brett had already forgotten the suffocating feeling of that fail competition. It was almost the end of the semester and the young violinist was busy preparing all these final examines and research paper.

He still often encountered with the professor at the corner of the path under the dim moon light. Most of the time Brett was the talker, sharing all the interesting things with Eddy, and Eddy just smile and listened. Sometime even Brett himself thought it was a bit weird to be good friend with your professor. But who says you cannot be friends with professor? We are friends, right?

"You know what! Professor Ravine's wig fell off this morning in the lecture hall," Brett hid his face in the scarf, showing only two drooping eyes. Eyes full of smiles, he blinked at the professor and continued, "Cuz he was talking with the first violins and someone in the back honk and scared him. Everyone was like shocked and we laughed so hard——Ah!" Brett suddenly realized it was not polite to laugh at this thing especially in front of a professor. He looked up, surprisingly, he found Eddy was also snickering secretly. The young professor coughed embarrassingly and pat on Brett's shoulder: "...some of the professors have been joking and betting when will his wig fall off actually."

Brett couldn't stop laughing. He realized Eddy who is normally a little bit inaccessible has such a childish side.

"Brett."

"Yeah?" The boy was still laughing. The scarf around his neck loosen due to the movement. The cold night wind poured in his collar. Brett shivered.

Eddy reached out and pull Brett closer, re-wrapping the loose scarf for him, "I have a world tour coming up this winter break." He paused and looked into Brett's eyes.

Eddy was closer than Brett thought. Brett's heart was pounding crazily with this series of actions, he felt his face was warming up. Damn blood circulation! He cursed in his mind. Being stared by his favorite professor reminded him something that he had tried to deny, and he denied it once again in this very moment.

"Do you want to come with me?" Eddy asked. His eyes still fixed on Brett's, waiting for the answer.

"I'm sorry what?" Brett was confused.

"You are a talented student, I thought you can learned a lot from this experience. I have invited many famous violinists to corporate with me in this journey. You can even be my second violin if there were a perfect chance." Eddy smiled, his hands still tidying up Brett's scarf, "I want you to believe in yourself. Well, this is just an invitation, you can take some time to think about it."

Brett could not believe his ears. "I do!" The young boy responded without hesitance. What a great opportunity! He could gain so many precious experiences that somebody could never get. Besides, he could be with his Eddy even in the winter break. His Eddy? Brett slapped himself severely in his mind. Shut up brain.

"Wow ok, glad to hear that. I will provide more information through email." Eddy rubbed the young violinist's hair gently, did not noticed the subtle mental activity of Brett. "Well, I am gonna go this way. See you."

Brett happily wave good bye to the professor and head back to his dorm. As we known their dormitories were pretty close. Brett could even see Eddy's door from his balcony. But he was so happy that night and headed straight back to his bed.

Brett did not see it was a girl who opened the door for Eddy.

—————
Hey there! This is a quick chapter that I wrote in the middle of the class haha :3 Hope I still have time to continue this story...