Chapter 2

⚠️This chapter contains mentions of verbal abuse⚠️

The moving van slowly pulled away as I stepped into my new apartment the place was a mess boxes strewn all over the floor and a large water stain sat on the wooden floors but it was enough because it was my own

The place came cheap so I expected all of this but the one thing is didn't expect was the sudden rata tat at the door which startled me I peered through the peephole and saw a girl maybe the same age as me 18 so I opened the door but it was only instinct that took over and I only opened it a crack "hey are you the new neighbor," the girl said intrigued "I... um.. yeah I am" I said with a shy smile "Ok cool because the last guy was a total dickhead" she seemed to struggle when talking about him. So I invited her in.

That night I lay awake on a blow-up mattress on the floor, as I looked down at my hands they trembled as the memories from that night came flooding in and soon I drifted into an uncomfortable sleep.

I open my eyes the room ablaze all my belongings are destroyed and my heart pounds from my chest "You Monster" I hear a voice yell "how could you, you destroyed us, YOU DESTROY EVERYTHING". My eyes open and I'm in a cold sweat just a dream I sigh rolling to my side, of course, it's just a dream it's always just a dream...

I must have gone back to sleep because I woke up to the sun beaming on my face "right" I think to myself out loud  "curtains".

Leaving the apartment for the first time felt weird, my scarf blew in all directions when I first stepped outside I breathed in I was alone and I was ...free, I smiled to myself as I headed for the grocery store it was a long walk but driving wasn't really my thing.

 I stop at the pedestrian crossing and look up, the street lights still on I close my eyes 'fire' I open them and I try to remember I don't need to worry but I do I always do I just can't stop, but maybe that's I good thing... I should learn from my mistakes but...."NO, it's not my fault I tell myself " and take a deep breath as I stepped onto the crossing and walked away.

the supermarket was quiet when I entered the fresh smell of flowers loomed in the air I was glad I couldn't handle people, after my trip, I got inside and walked over to water the small Monstera Obliqua it was a gift from your mother when I got married it was beautiful and full of life "these ones are hard to kill"I remember her saying with a cheeky smile I always had a way of killing plants but this one was different this one almost felt like.....magic.  

(Hello everyone could you please leave feedback in the comments that would be great 

Thank You)  (I will update again soon)