Chapter 2 - Getting to know you

*Lucy thinking to herself*
Julian and I spoke for the first time today, he came up to the till that I was working on and bought himself an energy drink, he had smokes in his top right pocket of his work shirt, his eyes were a hazel like colour and I couldn't help but get lost in them. I felt so nervous talking to him, my legs felt like jelly and my heart was racing, I didn't want to say something stupid, I couldn't even count the change properly.
'All the change is there'
'Haha, yes I know, I just like double checking'
'Ahh I see, have a good one'
As he smiles at me and walks away, I could just melt.

I arrived home smiling like an idiot from today but I needed to come back down to reality, I still had a boyfriend that I completely forgot about while I was talking to Julian.
I opened the front door and braced myself for the hardest conversation I'll ever have to have with AJ, but before I could open my mouth he beat me to it.
'I don't have time to wait around for you think about things, I think we should just break up'
'I agree, I've been needing to talk to but I didn't want to hurt you because I do care about you'
'I deserve better Lucy' with tears in his eyes.
'I know you do'
'Can you please tell me the real reason why you've been so distant?'
I take a big gulp, I look him in the eyes and prepare myself for the heartbreak I'm about to cause.
'Honestly, I don't think I'm in love with you anymore and I've been trying to fight it for so long because I didn't want break your heart, you've become such a huge part of my life and I do love you' I say to him as I starting getting teary eyed.
'I appreciate you telling me rather then making up some bullshit excuse, but you're my soul mate Lucy'
I've never seen him cry before but this needed to be done, he'll thank me later.
'I don't think we are soul mates, soul mates don't make each other feel like shit all the time, or belittle each other'
'I can change, I'm sorry'
'I can't do it anymore AJ, you deserve someone who actually wants to be with you, I'm so sorry for doing this, believe me when I say I didn't want to'
I storm off and starting packing my things, I feel a sense of relief and that a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, i do love him but we aren't right for each other, all we did was fight.
'Where are you going to go?'
'Back to my mothers' I say as I'm frantically packing my bags, making sure I don't forget anything.
'So just like that? Huh? You're going to throw 3 years down the drain like it meant nothing to you!'
'This relationship has completely destroyed me mentally and emotionally' I start crying hysterically and yelling at him like I've never yelled before, I'm angry and filled with so much rage, I need to get out.

My father comes to get me, I get in the car with all my belongings.
'What's happened?'
'AJ and I broke up'
'Is that what you want? Are you okay?'
'Yes, and yes.
'For what's it worth, he was an ass'
'Thanks dad' I chuckled.