( 17 ) happy ending

N A R I

1 year and 6 months later

" Hwang Nari! You're late!" The loud shouting of Sae-byeok woke her up, and her eyes widened.

" Shit- I'm coming!" She shouted back, grabbing her phone off her bedside table to check the time.

7:45 am.

She had to be in school by 8. She jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

" Shit! Shit! Today of all days!" She exclaimed, frustrated. She quickly brushed her teeth before brushing out her hair, putting it in a high ponytail.

She then pretty much ran to her closet and threw on a black shirt, grey sweatpants and white socks before shoving her converse on and bolting downstairs.

" Hey, isn't your volleyball tournament today?" Sae-byeok asked, watching as she searched through the kitchen cupboards for food.

" Yes! I couldn't have picked a worse day to sleep in." She whined, grabbing a chocolate milk out of the fridge. Her sister only snorted at her.

Ok, let's backtrack. A lot has happened in this time period.

First, Sae-byeok brought her mother over from the south. Kang Seohyun was quite possibly the sweetest person Nari had ever met.

Then, after many dates, Gi-hun and Seohyun got together. Nari was beyond happy for them, they both deserved the world.

A lot happened after that. After many discussions and chats, Gi-hun and Seohyun proposed the idea of adopting Nari as their own.

As she was only about to turn 16, she'd still have a few more years with them. She was overjoyed at the idea. She'd grown so close with them in a small period of time.

But, she kept her family name to honour her mother and her brother. Gi-hun also adopted Cheol. Unfortunately, Sae-byeok was too old, but she was still like one of his own.

They were quite the bunch. There was always something going on in their house, and they were always busy. In a good way.

The family had moved out of Ssangmun-dong and bought a house on Jeju island.

Nari enrolled back into high school. She was skeptical at first, nervous it would be the same as it was before. But, nobody knew her at the school, and she quite enjoyed being the mysterious new girl that you couldn't quite figure out.

She'd had to catch up on a few years worth of work, but she got on with it, and now she was on the same page as the rest of the kids her age.

Cheol was enrolled in school too. He adored it. He liked feeling like a normal kid, with an elder who treated him as such. He wasn't treated as an outcast like he was at the shelter.

They had a normal family house. Well, it wasn't a small house, it was like one of those houses you envied as a child. It was perfect for them.

Sae-byeok got her drivers license, and Nari was working on hers. They'd rebuilt their lives.

" Can you please drive me to school? Just this once!" Nari begged, shoving her books in her backpack. Sae sighed.